Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tall order, any info on Frank Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 2 Jun 2009 13:06

Hi all, I'm trying to find out Frank's mothers name. He was born 13-01-1921 and died 14-03-1976.
Also he lived in Canada at some point and had a wife there, I would like to find out her name and the names of any children thy may have had.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 2 Jun 2009 13:11

Frank's birth cert will give you his mother's name.

Jill

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 2 Jun 2009 13:40

There are lots of Frank Smiths born Jan-Feb 1921. You can see them for yourself on the freebmd website. Each record gives the mothers maiden name. You would really need to know where he was born in order to know which one was him

Linda

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Jun 2009 13:51

Shally, as you know Frank's precise birth date, would it be safe to assume you know where he was born?
Jan

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 2 Jun 2009 17:29

If you have the birth date you can order it from the GRO using that info. I'm not sure if there is space on the form or not.

I tried ordering my grandfather's birth cert that way - they did a 3 year search either side of the birth date and couldn't find him - but I think you might have more luck with yours as there are a lot to choose from. One of them is bound to be him!

Jill

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Jun 2009 19:02

Now, I didn't know you could do that!
Jan

Sharon

Sharon Report 4 Jun 2009 08:51

Thanks Linda.

Regards
Sharon

Sharon

Sharon Report 4 Jun 2009 08:54