Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WILLIAM HENRY SMITH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 3 Sep 2010 00:55

Can anyone help please I have hit a brick wall about this family they are not on any census.William dob 1884 according to his wedding cert. he married Elizabeth Stoddart on 05/01/1905 at Gateshead Reg. office. The witness's were Joseph Stoddart Eliz. brother & Laura Smith who could be Williams sister or sister -in-law as he had a brother FRANK. WILLIAM'S father was ROBERT GEORGE SMITH he declared he was living at CLEPHAN ST. DUNSTON GATESHEAD & was a bricklayer on the wedding cert.
I have tried a street search but Clephan St only comes up on the 1911 census & he is not there.
WILLIAM HENRY had a son Robert Henry Smith dob 17/04/1905 in Gateshead then a son Maurice dob not known or place. By 1913 he was living in Newport Monouthshire where th rest of the children were born. Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2010 06:56

Where and when was Elizabeth born? Who was her father?

Rose

Gael

Gael Report 3 Sep 2010 08:08

Maybe Elizabeth's birth ???

Births Jun 1884 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoddart Elizabeth Eleanor Gateshead 10a 992

Gael

Gael Report 3 Sep 2010 08:10

Possible for Joseph ???

Births Jun 1882 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoddart Joseph Gateshead 10a 950

and if mother's surname is Dodd

Births Dec 1893 (>99%)

Stoddart Joseph Dodds Gateshead 10a 885

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 3 Sep 2010 08:31

1911??:
SMITH, William Head Married
10 years M 35 1876 Iron Founder Gateshead Durham VIEW
SMITH, Elizabeth Wife Married
10 years F 35 1876 Necastle Durham VIEW
SMITH, Annie Daughter F 10 1901 School Gateshead Durham VIEW
SMITH, Robert Son M 6 1905 School Gateshead Durham VIEW
SMITH, James Son M 3 1908 Gateshead Durham VIEW
SMITH, Mary Daughter F 1 1910 Gateshead Durham VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
30454 Reference:
RG14PN30454 RG78PN1748B RD557 SD2 ED44 SN311

Registration District:
Gateshead Sub District:
Gateshead Enumeration District:
44 Parish:
Gateshead

Address:
80 Peareth St Gateshead County:
Durham

Janice

Janice Report 3 Sep 2010 13:27

Hi all
Thanks for all your replies but I should have said I have all the information on the Stoddarts it is William Smith & his family I am having trouble with. They do not seem to be on the census's.

The William & Elizabeth in 80 Pearth St. Gateshead is not the right one as my William & Elizabeth married in 1905 & childrens names not right. I have no idea where William Henry or his father Robert George were born it might not have been in the Gateshead area.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2010 17:08

If you care to list when and where Elizabeth was born we can try looking for Elizabeth Smith with those details in 1911.

Rose

Mike *

Mike * Report 3 Sep 2010 17:46

A possible for William ????

Births Dec 1894
Smith William Henry - Gateshead 10a 905

Janice

Janice Report 4 Sep 2010 09:02

Hi Rose
thanks for your reply I have tried Elizabeth Smith as well, but maybe you might be lucky Elizabeth elinor 1885 Dunston, Whickham County Durham. She was the daughter of Elizabeth Watson & Robert Stoddart I have found her in all census including 1901 before she married Wiliam Henry Smith. Their ages on wed,cert. both aged 20yrs. She had a brother named Joseph 1883 & Samuel J 1880