Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing birth mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

shirley

shirley Report 3 Sep 2010 22:14

looking for my mum, who left huddersfield , in 1977, 1978, for a new life in canada, we think she settled in cambridge galt , her name is andrea ann smith, and her husband is sidney smith, her married name before that , was haigh, my sister tracey, and brother jason have tried for so many years to try and trace her but have not had any luck so far, we have never stopped thinking about her and love her so much even though it has been over 30yrs ago, since we saw her , we want her to know she has ,5 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren , and we would love to be able to see her again i know her dad was called basil dean and she has a sister pat and brother allan, please if any of this information rings any bells please message me.

thank you x
shirley elizabeth haigh xx

Corinne

Corinne Report 3 Sep 2010 22:58

Were you and your siblings adopted? If so, you should contact your local Social Services Adoption Dept. They should be able to help you trace your birth mother.

Alternatively, you could try entering her maiden name into the Search facility at the top of the screen to see if she's in anyone else's tree.

shirley

shirley Report 3 Sep 2010 23:22

thank you for your help, but we wasnt adopted , we were brought up by my dad xxx

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 3 Sep 2010 23:31

Unfortunately, Shirley's the only person with Andrea in her tree (I worked out Andrea's first marriage which gave me her birth surname). You have her a year younger than she is though, Shirley!

From the births index, it looks like she had a sister and a brother. Is she likely to be in touch with them, and are you? If you don't have the info I can send it to you privately, but please let me know in the thread here before I start doing more searching.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 3 Sep 2010 23:37

It was a quick search, I'll send you some contact info.

shirley

shirley Report 5 Sep 2010 17:34

thank you janey for your help, my sister inlaw , has found my uncles address, and is going to see him , hopefully he can tell us some good news xx

shirley

shirley Report 5 Sep 2010 17:35

and thank you cynthia, i was doing it wrong xxx