Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birmingham 1921 electoral roll look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 4 Sep 2010 16:57

would someone please be able to look up hannah marie smith 71 marraway street birmingham if possible(i do realise women didnt get the vote until 1928 but i thought there were exceptions) or tell me where i can find it for myself
thank you zena

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 17:06

Women over 30 got the vote in 1919, over 21 in 1929.

Normally you have to search electoral registers in person, but you might like to check out this site- I think you need credits but I understand it's not very expensive:

www.midlandshistoricaldata.org

B'ham electoral registers are at the Central Library. You can request a lookup but they will charge.

jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 4 Sep 2010 17:11

thank you jan will try that
zena

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 17:17

I have been promising for an age to go and do lookups for other folks, hoping to go Tuesday so will have a look if you have no joy before then.
jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 4 Sep 2010 17:26

that would be brilliant thanks
just in case i have no luck
hannah marie smith age c 69
i think shes living at 71 marroway street ladywood birmingham probabally with her daughter in law alice may smith and son samuel smith
she died feb 1922 thanks zena

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 17:35

OK, will get back to you.
Jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 4 Sep 2010 18:40

hi jan i have done as you said and have found my family thanks for your help and your offer. good hunting zena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 19:03

Zena, that's great, but does this mean I no longer need to look?
jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 4 Sep 2010 20:56

sorry jan no need for you to look i have signed up with them so have checked out what i wanted to know thanks again for your advise you have helped me before and your help always gets me a few more twigs up my tree thanks again zena xxxx

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 22:20

Maybe you can tell me something too! I have never used this website myself. Can you tell me how much it costs please?
jan

Netty

Netty Report 4 Sep 2010 23:43

Hope this helps jan

£5 for 35 credits. Price per page 14.3p
£7.50 for 55 credits. Price per page 13.6p
£10 for 85 credits. Price per page 11.8p
£15 for 150 credits. Price per page 10p
£15+ for 150+ credits. Price per page10p

Each credit allows you to view an image of 1 page from a book.

Please note that vouchers are valid for 6 months (91 days) from date of purchase.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Sep 2010 23:45

Many thanks for that Netty.
jan

Netty

Netty Report 5 Sep 2010 00:28

You're welcome Jan, i've spent many an hour on there myself.

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 5 Sep 2010 10:21

sorry jan i had to go out and someone answererd for me but if you want to know any thing else ill keep my eye on this thread many thanks again for pointing me in this direction zena x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2010 10:24

No problem Zena, you aren't expected to stay at your computer 24/7! Or maybe you should?!
I must check out that site for myself - although I live in Birmingham it can be surprisingly difficult to spare the time to go searchng in person.
jan

zenawarrior

zenawarrior Report 5 Sep 2010 11:35

you are there 24/7 arent you haha i only live in tamworth myself but havnt been to birmingham since my son was 18 months old and hes now 24. zena