Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 15:41

Could anyone with access to l9ll census help. I have spent a fortune going up the wrong road! I wondered if in l911 there is a Frederick Smith born 1904 Liverpool with a father Herbert (William) and mother Edith Maud. Parents were born in East London. Many thanks. Nita

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 15:51

Hiya,

Not having much luck....Do you know what occupation his father had.

Regards Vera

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 16 Oct 2010 15:54

nothing obvious coming up

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 15:57

When Frederick William was born he was a billiard table maker! They seemed to have lived most of the time in the East End which is strange that Frederick was born in Liverpool, but maybe his father got a job there. Many thanks. A nightmare these Smiths. Nita

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 15:59

Thanks for trying. The family seemed to have come from the East End but father was in Liverpool when Frederick born. Nita

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:02

?????
Births Dec 1904 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smith Frederick William W. Derby 8b 558

Is this him??

Regards vera

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:05

Nita,

Do you know when his parents were born....also what was his mothers maiden name.?

Regards Vera

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 16:10

His birthday was 25th August 1904. His mothers maiden name was Pullen and she married Herbert Smith in 1899 in Shoreditch. Just wondered where they were in l9ll?

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:13

Nita,
Am having trouble trying to find them ....so thought if I had all this other info it might help.... :-))

Regards Vera

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 16:18

Thank you so much for helping. This family a real mystery as on Frederick Williams later own marriage certificate he says his father was William and deceased. Guess Herbert William may have been called by the William!! Nita

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:23

Nita,
These ancestors certainly don't help us!!!!!

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:25

Nita,
Sorry...more questions...Do you know if he had any siblings please?

Regards Vera

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 16:30

very strange family. Doing this for a friend with no computer. Apparently Frederick William and his later wife never celebrated birthdays so my friend had no real idea and it has just been finding his death certificate that got us this far. He may have had a brother Percy but if that was his right name or a family name we have no idea. We found his birthdate on the death certificate and place of birth. My friend said that Frederick William and wife were dysfunctional parents!!!! Nita

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:46

Nita,
Still no luck.

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:50

For reference....

Births Dec 1876 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PULLEN Edith Maud Bethnal Green 1c 289

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:52

occupation of this Herbert cabinet maker...

Edith Smith
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Relation: Wife
Spouse's name: Herbert Smith
Where born: Bethnal Green, London, England

Civil parish: Hackney
Ecclesiastical parish: St Phillip
County/Island: London

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View image

Registration district: Hackney
Sub-registration district: South-West Hackney
ED, institution, or vessel: 17
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 153
Household Members: Name Age
Herbert Smith 23
Edith Smith 24

REgards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 16 Oct 2010 16:59

?????

Births Dec 1913 (>99%)

Smith Percy R ........ Pullen Brentford 3a 198

Regards Vera

Juanita

Juanita Report 16 Oct 2010 17:01

Thank you so much for all your help. Must leave the computer now and do some work!! Will come back on tomorrow. Nita

Juanita

Juanita Report 17 Oct 2010 13:27

Thank you so much Vera. I found three Edith Smith b1876 all living in West Ham Essex. One of these could be the one I need as my friend said that they lived most of the time in the East of London and we found it strange that for a time they were in Liverpool. I just wondered if any of these three belong to Herbert. Thank you for the birth of Percy it could be the one brother we heard of. Nita

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Oct 2010 13:35

If the right marriage then Herbert is a cabinet maker

Name: Edith Maud Pullen
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Spouse Name: Herbert Smith
Spouse Age: 21
Record Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 26 Feb 1899
Parish: St Leonard Shoreditch
County: London
Borough: Hackney