Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

louisa smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 24 Oct 2010 18:13

my grandmother louisa smith d.o.b march 10 1900 married 1918
died 1989 - father frederick smith docker, sister emily ,brothers william and frederick,from stepney east london if i could ask for help in finding a name for the mother of these, it would seem i may have been following the wrong frederick smith! but many thanks to everyone that helped with info previously,

Mike *

Mike * Report 24 Oct 2010 18:17

With a name like smith we would need a location.
and who did she marry please ?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Oct 2010 18:24

Christopher, you mention people previously helping - can you add this request to your previous thread, if it's connected?

That way, we can see what has already been found (which may help us to help you!)

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Oct 2010 18:30

Who did she marry in 1918?

Mike *

Mike * Report 24 Oct 2010 18:35

There is no birth in Stepney for Louisa in 1900

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Oct 2010 18:42

Please delete this Christopher and add to your original thread it will save people duplicating and searching un-necessarily

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1245299

jax

jax Report 24 Oct 2010 19:03

Dont you believe us Christopher? Her name was Louie on the 1911 census and there is a birth in stepney in 1900 for a Louie Smith so it is the most likely candidate

jax

Christopher

Christopher Report 25 Oct 2010 18:47

hi yes i beleive you , as i said im grateful for the help i have had so far, but after speaking to my aunt on friday , she informed me my gran louisa smith had a brother william ,a brother frederick and a poss brother albert, and a sister emily, these siblings are diff from the census info given previously ,that is the point im trying to make , i need to be sure i am following the correct family as so many smiths , with frederick as father and louisa as daughter,

Mike *

Mike * Report 25 Oct 2010 18:50

So why didn't you continue with the same post you had all the information on ?

One post per family is the rule.
Have you not read the first post at the top of the board ?

Christopher

Christopher Report 26 Oct 2010 11:59

i didnt realise i had offened you in some way, you appear to be annoyed with me, i should remind you im a complete ametuer at this and wasnt tottally sure how to start a topic or thread, other people have genuinely helped on this site, and i am gratefull to them , but if this is the attitude i am going to receive i may aswell cancel my membership , i am dissapointed ,

Mike *

Mike * Report 26 Oct 2010 18:34

Sorry, you're disappointed.
We are really just trying to point you in the right direction.
Appreciate you are new to this which is why I suggested reading the opening post on the board aimed at those who are unsure how to proceed.

It really is in your best interest to keep all the information and questions involving the same family on just one thread - that way the researchers don't get upset when they realise they have been searching for things that have already been posted somewhere else.

Hope you continue with your membership and heed the advice.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Oct 2010 20:36

copied from the other thread to be sure that you see it

Just one point about that address on the marriage certificate

It was seemingly very common for the bride and groom give the SAME address, but it does NOT mean that they both lived at that address.

It was cheaper if both lived in the parish in which they were married thatn if one lived in another parish ............. Banns would then have to be called in two parishes.

So do not please automatically assume that Louie / Louise / Louisa lived at 57 Bancroft Road

it could be where Thomas was living

sylvia