Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

john roland smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 13 Nov 2010 19:09

Has anybody got Ancestry.co.uk access to view Parish records? am looking for John Roland Smith B 1910 in staffs- Wednesbury- can see that there is 2x matches on the parish records part of the site for Staffs one death and one marriage could anybody help and send me them? 4Many thanks,

Astra

Astra Report 13 Nov 2010 19:18

The baptism for that name is in 1615. I think you will find that the parish records for the time you are looking for have not been transcribed.

Sue C

Sue C Report 13 Nov 2010 19:25

This must be him in 1911? What exactly are you trying to find out?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMITH, Albert Head Married M 37 1874 Tube Brazier Bham Warwkshire
SMITH, Ann Maria Wife Married
4 years F 32 1879 Darlaston Staffordshire
SMITH, Gladys Lilian Daughter Single F 3 1908 Darlaston Staffordshire
SMITH, Phyllis Mabel Daughter Single F 2 1909 Darlaston Staffordshire
SMITH, John Rolland Son Single M 1 1910 Wednesbury Staffordshire
ETCHELLS, William Boarder Married M 45 1866 Tube Dresser Wolverhampton Staffordshire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
17336 Reference:
RG14PN17336 RG78PN1063 RD371 SD5 ED8 SN181

Registration District:
West Bromwich Sub District:
Wednesbury Enumeration District:
8 Parish:
Wednesbury

Address:
42 Addison Street Wednesbury County:
Staffordshire

Philip

Philip Report 13 Nov 2010 21:02

Hi Sue,
He went missing in 1935 and never returned, none of his siblings every hear again off him, my grandma was Gladys who was 3 on the above census, she died in 1999. am just trying to see if there any possible links? :) have hit a wall , tried salvation army with no luck im afraid. posted a link on missing persons website have searched BMD and found a possible marriage in Walsall to Gertrude tranter and am just following this up with some relatives on the site who have her as a common ancester.
Can you think of anything, if you need any more info let me know.

Many thanks,