Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish resarch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

petmar

petmar Report 30 Dec 2010 21:32

I am trying to find a Patrick Smith and his wife Elizabeth Smith (formerly Fitzpatrick) on the 1911 census and i am not having much sucess.
Unfortunately i do not have a great deal of info to assist in my search and so i am asking if anyone out there can help it would be most appreciated.
The info that might help is as follows.In 1907 Patrick was serving in the what was then the British Army and was Stationed at the Wellington Barracks Dublin this is shown on the birth certificate of a son born in that year Patrick Joseph, by 1912 he had left the army and was living with his family in Dromiskin Co Louth where i have the the birth of another son Anthony, i am aware that there were other siblings unfortunately i do not have names or D.O.Bs. There is a sad postscipt to this as Patrick (senior) was involved in some sort of shooting accident which was fatal and i am lead to believe that this happened sometime between 1920 and 1925, however these dates are open to investigation.
Once again , any leads or advise would indeed help Peter.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 31 Dec 2010 13:37

Peter...Do you have any idea of Patrick's age and where he was born...I have located a P Smith Sgt. aged 30 married. stationed at the Military Barracks Buttevant North Cork (1911)...He states he was born England...Given I have no idea what the "P" stands for then it is the other details which may identify if this was Patrick...
Does it state on the Birth Cert for PJ (1907) which Reg.Patrick snr.was in..?

petmar

petmar Report 9 Jan 2011 11:28

Hi There Eringobragh, So sorry that i have not replied earlier to your reply to my orginal thread, i looked at it for a while and did not see any responce so i sort of gave up on it and went on to some thing else, however to try and fill in some detail that you requested, i do not have Patrick (seniors) D.O.B, on the birth certificate of PJ-1907 there is a reference to the fact that Patrick (senior) was then a Private in what looks like R.I.F (Royal Irish Fusiliers) the writing is not that clear so .
I not to sure about thte fact that your chap was born in England and whether that relates to my Patrick (senior). You will see by my orginal thread that he had left the army by 1912 and was a labourer working and living in Dromiskin. I am afraid that is about all i have on the Relative. If you are able to find anything else i would be most gratefull. Peter.