Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jessica Ansley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 14 Apr 2003 13:43

Thanks to the 1881 Cenusus i have now managed to trace part of the Smith family back to 1842. I knew my GtGtGranddad was called John and would've been a boy in 1881 so searched for JOHN SMITH in Wainfleet and found his whole household. father JAMES SMITH (b1842) mother MARY SMITH (b1844) (maiden name unknown any help would be grateful, birthplace = Torrington, Linc) brothers FRED SMITH (b1874), JAMES SMITH (b1880) sisters ALICE SMITH (b1867), FANNY SMITH (b1872), FLORRY SMITH (b1876), BETSEY SMITH (b1878). Also known is John's uncle ISSAC SMITH (b1852) who lived in the household and was born in Yarborough, Lincs. James had a farm in the Wainfleet/Croft area...11 acres possibly called the cottage? Any help would be grateful if you nkow these people or know anything about John's other children FRED SMITH and a woman possibly called FRANCIS?