Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olive

Olive Report 6 Jun 2007 08:57

At the ripe old age of 55 I have just discovered that I have a half sister. As an 'only' child I would love to meet her, the problem is that I have very little information to go on. All I know is that she was probably born in the mid to late 1940's. As a little girl she lived in Littletown, Heckmondwyke, West Yorkshire. In the late 1940's to early 1950's she lived on the Halifax Road down towards Cleckheaton near a pub. My dad apparently paid child maintenance that was docked from his army salary, I was told this but am not too sure if it is true. The only other fact that I know is that as youngsters we looked very much alike. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can find my half sister I would be very grateful. If I had a name it would make like easier but alas I don't, my dad's name was SYDNEY CHARLES SMITH he was stationed near Heckmondwike at the end of the war.