Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 22 Apr 2007 21:48

hi, My name is Sue I am trying to trace the extended family of my grandfather Francis Albert Smith born 1899 in Derbyshire. His parents were Isaac Alfred Smith born 1875 in Ellastone, Ashbourne, Staffordshire/Derbyshire And Jane Smith (nee Chester) Daughter of George and Emma Chester. Born 1879 in St Werburgh, Derbyshire Isaac Alfred's father was Isaac Smith born c.1851 in Swinscoe, Staffordshire. His mother was Jane Smith (nee finney). Presumably Jane died because Isaac senior remarried to Mary E. and they had children Samuel, Phillip, Mary, Sarah, Jane, Alice, Joseph, Mabel, William and Horace. (not sure on all these childrens birth dates so they could be in any order) Issac Alfred had a brother Bertram and in 1891 both brothers are listed in the census as living with their father and stepmother, Isaac Alfred, Bertram are all listed as wheelwright joiners under occupation Isaac Smith (senior)'s parents were Isaac Smith born c.1819 in Swinscoe, Staffordshire and Elizabeth Smith (maiden name may have been Leese) born c.1812 in Hulland, Derbyshire. In the 1851 census Isaac c.1819 was a farmer with 12 acres of land. If anyone thinks they have a match to these people in their tree please drop me a line Sue