Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 12 Apr 2007 06:50

Hello, just begining here: I am trying to find the names of the parents of: Andrew George Smith of Hackney, Dalston. He would have been born in the mid 1890's? He was a policeman at the Dalston Police Station in Hackney. I now have 4 Smiths born around 1880 aged between 14 and 18 in the 1891 Census. (thank you James) The shires/countys are confusing me though...what is close to Hackney or Buckinghamshire (where his wife was born) I have: Warwickshire/Birmingham, Buckinghamshire/Dagnall, Lincolnshire/Kirton Lindsy and Staffordshire/Brierly Hill Which is the most logical to chase? I am from Australia so these place names (even with maps) mean not alot to me... He married Ada Edith Windgrove. They had 4 children Dorothy, Queenie, George and Kenny (one of who is my grandfather by marriage - I am doing this tree for my kids) Thank you to all that helped me trace the Windgrove part, that is complete now. If you can help, or are related in any way...I appriciate it. Cheers, Amy Jonas.