Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2007 09:34

Sarah Smith dob.c1857. Sunderland or Stockton-On-Tees? Sarah married Adam Calvert in Middlesbrough on the 23rd.August 1874. Her father was William Smith (Mariner) and i have the whole family of William Smith but no mother for Sarah ? I have checked all sorts of records, but there are so many Sarah Smith's in that period it is almost impossible to to find which is her. Every avenue i have ventured into has come to a dead end. Sarah was living with her fathers parents in the 1861 census, Page and Hannah/Mary Smith; so i assume William was at sea at that time, no trace of Sarah's mother though. As for the marriage certificate for William, same problem, hundreds of William Smith's and no date or anything else to go by, although i have searched many, many records. Sarah was my G/Granmother (maternal) and apparently quite religious, Page Smith, her grandfather was a Sexton in the Parish of Sunderland. Can anybody help at all? Thank You, Norman.