Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natasha

Natasha Report 29 Oct 2006 09:46

Charles (Alfred?) Smith Looking for information on Charles Smith born 1842 In Great Massingham, Norfolk. i am able to find him on the 1891 Census.He is working as a Farmer, whilst he states he is married the only other people listed are his House Keeper and a Servant. I believe he may have had 2 illigitimate children with his House Keeper Georgiana Copeman. My Ggrandad was registered as Charles Alfred Smith Copeman b.1887. I was recently contacted by someone else whos ggrandmother shared the same mother and was registered as Violet Smith Copeman b.1892. with only having the information from the 1891 census i am having trouble trying to trace him. Hope someone is able to help. Tasha

Christine

Christine Report 8 May 2010 13:01

Hope you're still interested in this Natasha.

My grandmother Violet Copeman is Georgiana's daughter, no father named on her birth cert.

I think i have traced Charles Smith the farmer up to 1911. I haven't been able to find Charles Alfred Copeman unless he's the Alfred Copeman on the 1901 census with Violet.

Chris

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 8 May 2010 13:22

As this is an old posting, it may be better to send a message direct to Natasha by clicking on her name
Liz

Christine

Christine Report 12 May 2010 00:43

Thanks Liz, I have done this. No reply yet.

Chris

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 12 May 2010 11:02

If you check your sent messages the purple envelope will turn to white if Natasha has opened it - she may not be a member any longer, or have changed her email address with telling GR. Have you tried a search on this site for your family, or you could start a thread of your own.
Good luck,
Liz