Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyndsay

Lyndsay Report 23 Apr 2003 21:10

I am trying to find out my family tree, however, as both my maternal and paternal families are Smith, I'm finding it difficult. The paternal family currently stay in a small village in Scotland called Stoneyburn. My paternal grandfather's family originally came from Lithuania with the family name 'Russeltalskis' or something along those lines, however, as I don't know how it's spelt, I can't do a search for it. My grandfather (Norman [Joseph] Smith), if he were still alive, would be 71 years old or there abouts and it was his father who originated in Lithuania. He has a cousin, Irene, in Long Island, USA. Can anyone help?? My maternal family live in Kirkcaldy, Scotland and I believe have done so since before WW2. My maternal grandfather, who has also past away, was called John Martain Gilchrist Smith. Again, can anyone help? I know I have lots of Aunts and Uncles from this side of the family in England.