Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 9 Aug 2007 17:23

MARGERY SMITH ...saved from drowning by my late Dad...... .in Bristol in 1938

I always knew that my Dad had saved somebody from drowning, but it wasn’t until I brought these documents home yesterday that I realized that her name appeared on the Bristol Humane Society parchment.

Does anybody know who she is?

Honoured by The Royal Humane Society and the Bristol Humane Society.

“It was Resolved Unanimously That the Honorary Testimonial of the Society inscribed on parchment be hereby given to Horace V Slade for having on the 13th July 1938 gone to the rescue of a girl, MARGERY SMITH, who was in imminent danger of drowning in the Bathurst Basin in Bristol and whose life he gallantly saved”