Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 20 Aug 2007 17:28

Mary Barkley (nee Smith) Desperately trying to trace information about my grandfather William Smith. He was from the Winchester area in Hampshire but may have been born in Basingstoke in 1901. His parents could have been Luke and Prudence Smith. Luke was a travelling hawker and the family were camping at Bannersd own Common at the time of the 1901 census. There were 5 children in the family Alfred, Jimima, Mark, Morris and William. At this stage I am only assuming that William could be my dad's father. William had an illigitimate son (dad) to my grandmother called Alice Martin who I am also trying to trace. My father was born in Winchester in 1919 and was orphaned. My grandfather was an agricultural engineer according the my father's birth certificate. Would love to know if my grandfather married and had other children (my dad's half siblings). and what happened to my grandmother Alice? Hope someone can help me. My father is 88 and not in the best of health. I would like to find some information for him before it's too late. Thank you.