Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find people born around tiverton devon 1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennie

Jennie Report 23 Jan 2008 20:58

Hi I am trying to find Smiths born around 1917 - 1935 around the tiverton area or nearby villages any help would be appreciated i have a few names and parents names if that would help

yours hopefully

Jennie

Jennie Report 23 Jan 2008 21:23

Thanks mel Mothers name was Caroline hodder Born sampford Peverell

Fathers name Ernest James Smith born Huntsham july 17th 1887

married 1917 Tiverton Devon

Jennie

Jennie Report 23 Jan 2008 21:25

they would all have been probably born in Devon either Tiverton,Halberton, Huntsham, Burlescombe, holcombe rogus, sampford peverell

names i have so far

Len Smith
Elsie SMith Sampford peverell march 18th 1930, death 2003 wales
Francis john Smith 1920 death 1993 Taunton (My grandad)
Bill Smith
Harry Smith
Douglas Smith twin of Catherine Smith
Eveline Smith Jan 1927

Jennie

Jennie Report 24 Jan 2008 07:57

thanks that is a great help, will certainly help with my tree,

Jennie

Jennie Report 24 Jan 2008 17:44

I Have Samuel Smith parents james Smith and caroline in the 1881 census but also have found baptism of Samuel Smith 4th November 1892 born April 7th 1892 parents James and Caroline Smith living at ASh Thomas Halberton near Tiverton this seems an odd one can anyone help with this any info would be great.

Jennie

Jennie Report 24 Jan 2008 18:14

ASh Thomas

Jennie

Jennie Report 24 Jan 2008 18:24

ok Mel great for your help, i used to have access to ancestry and some help with people on here last week i went down to Devon records office so that is where i picked up the baptism record. As i am still new to all this i have found that people on here have been a great help, as it so easy to get so confused!! i appreciate any help that you can give

Jennie

Jennie Report 25 Jan 2008 08:43

HI Mel up the road in Wellington so quite handy tracing family tree as majority of ancestors were local