Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Summers(rogue)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 24 Nov 2007 18:25

Looking for any info on James Summers,on his death cert.it states he was born in Yorkshire in Royston I can,t find him there, he was born c.1888.He married my grandmother Elizabeth Powell 22 Oct 1916,he had 3 children to her,Mercia b.18 march1916 d.26 Dec 1926.Jesse b.29 April 1917.and Shiela Isobel (my mother)b.17 Aug 1924 d.He enlisted in the army10 June1916 No.30602 K.O.Y.L.I, he was discharged 9 Oct 1918 agun shot wound to left arm lower part amputated and gun shot wound to left thigh.He was a rogue though children to at least 2 more women,he was at court at Leeds assises July 11 1918,I dont know what for yet until I get down to the British archives ,He also appeared at the Old Bailley in London 27 Feb1919,for 4 forged 10 shilling notes,he wasknown as Johnny Summers there,He was also at Nottingham court in 1922 I have newspaper cuttings of this trial he conned a lady out of her life savings and also left her with a baby boy,he got 12 months in Bagthorpe prison,he wrote her a letter and signed it Vincent he also had an alias George Ward.He died in Mansfield in 9 Sept 1937 age 51 it says on his death cert.hes buried in a paupers grave no.21100.On his marriage cert. he says his fathers name is Thomas (disceased).So I know alot about him except where he comes from can anyone help.I know the name of the lady in nottingham and the babies name and who she married and were she went to,it would be unfair to disclose this though.Can anyone help me get my lineage back from him even though he was a very shady character,