Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Francis of Assisi Notting Hill Parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 13 May 2008 13:46

Hi

Can anyone out there help me to find out where the original marriage records for 1866 are now held. I was told that the church held them but they have told me that they were sent to Somerset House.According to Westminster Archives they are with the church. Apparently they havent been filmed & no one seems to know who has got them.

Thanks
Sue

Peter S

Peter S Report 28 Feb 2023 15:17

Hey Sue,

Did you ever find out where the records are kept because I too would like to search them?

If you did can you share that information with me?

regards

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2023 15:27

I don't imagine Sue will be looking for a response after 15 years.

She appears still to be a member of GR, so click on her name and send a message
If she still uses the e-mail she registered with the site, she will be notified, and have the option of responding

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Feb 2023 15:37

Peter, Catholic records have long been a problem as many were not released.

You should be able to search the Westminster Archive catalogue on line. Lots of records are now held by the London Metroplolitan Archives - catalogue also on line.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2023 15:41

http://www.stfrancisnottinghill.org.uk/

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/leisure-libraries-and-community/oldarchive/search-archive-collections