Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Frederick Barnes of Hanham, South Gloucest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 29 May 2008 16:11

Charles was married to Alice Kathleen(no maiden name) and he died 13th Sept 1970 age 65yrs. Alice followed 14th May 2006 age 97yrs. They lived in Hanham and that's all I know. I believe they are related to Pollly Barnes, Charles Barnes( 1865-1940), Martha Barnes(1869-1952), Nellie Barnes(1915-1988) all of whom lived in Hanham. I would love to know who these people were and what relation they are to me!

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 29 May 2008 16:14

Wendy

I replied on your other post. There is nothing to say they are related to you..... Have you done your full tree?? Do these people appear on it?

Just because someone has the same surname as you it doesn't mean they are a blood relation...

Tracey

Richard

Richard Report 14 Jul 2011 14:24

Wendy, hi

Please can you give me some more details? what are trying to find out?

Richard (Barnes)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jul 2011 14:34

Richard

Did you spot the date of this thread

GB

Richard

Richard Report 14 Jul 2011 15:06

yes - but I've only just joined...

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 14 Jul 2011 22:29

Richard, the thing is that the post is over 3 years old and Wendy has only ever posted at this site 4 times ......... so it is extremely unlikely that she will ever see a reply here

if you click on her name you can send her a private message .... if her email address in her account here is valid she will receive a notice of your message

you can then check your 'sent messages' to see whether she has read it, if not the envelope beside it will still be purple

for info, having no idea where Wendy's other thread is now, this would be the marriage

Marriages Dec 1932
Barnes Charles F Harvey Keynsham 5c 1355
Harvey Alice K Barnes Keynsham 5c 1355

Richard

Richard Report 14 Jul 2011 23:11

Thanks, I will send her a direct message.

On the marriage info above, what does "5c 1355" mean? Also, are you related to Charles & Alice?
I'm just starting out researching on here......

Richard

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 14 Jul 2011 23:16

Richard, the best thing to do is browse the boards a little, starting with the 'please read before posting' message at the top of Find Ancestors :-)

it is a rare occasion when a related person sees a message on the boards and replies

replies are almost always from other members who pay our subs so we can help out with others' searches :-D

the info you ask about is the registration details, volume 5c, page 1355

if you search for that marriage at freebmd

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

you will see how it all works in the GRO index !

... and you will have met one of the most useful tools there is for family history research

Richard

Richard Report 12 Oct 2011 18:39

Thank you :-) :-)

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 12 Oct 2011 19:51

the thread that comes back :-)

just for info since the 1911 census is available now and it may help you sort it Richard

BARNES CHARLES FRED 1905 6 Keynsham Somersetshire ( married Alice K Harvey 1932 )

living with

BARNES CHARLES 1865 46 ( referred to in original post )
BARNES MARTHA ANN 1869 42 ( referred to in original post )

and children Minnie, Alice Ellen, Lily May, Elsie Martha, George, Nellie, Violet Blanche

and from freebmd there were no more births after 1911

so the Charles Frederick Barnes who died in 1970 was the son of Charles Barnes c1865 and Martha Ann ( Collins married 1891 ).

Richard

Richard Report 9 Nov 2011 00:07

Thank you! :-)

Richard