Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my brother.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 11 Jun 2008 12:04

Hi there
Im looking for my brother!! I have not got a great deal of information but here is what Ive have.

He was given up for adoption around the years of 1964/1965/1966, Im led to believe that his birth name was Paul Whiting. Also he may have been born in Leicester or Nottingham.

At the time of the adoption, Mum lived in leicester with her parents. I have no information about our Father as Mum was a single parent.

Her name: Christine Mary Whiting.
Daughter of: Ernest Arthur Whiting & Marther Ellan Whiting.

If anybody has any information, however small or insignificant it seems. I would be very much like to hear from you.

Denise

Denise Report 4 Mar 2010 17:01

hi there i hope this information will be of help tp you, i was married t a christopher dereck whiting his parents had adopted aboy who would be close to the age the yo are looking for my exs mum came from the nottingham area and was married to a sailor , they adopted the boy when he was a baby, i understand that he was eventully given up and put into a home in whincester .u.k. i think his name was kevin , or kieth may sound more familiar . please replyas i,m looking for my ex

Dea

Dea Report 4 Mar 2010 17:05

Hi Denise,

I hope you can help Dawn but this message is almost 2 yars old so she probably will not be checking for replies.

Best to click on her name and send a private message - that way, if she still has the same e-mail address, she will recieve an alert to say she has a message waiting on her thread.

Dea x

Gary

Gary Report 20 Jan 2016 21:57

Dear Dawn

I think i am who you are looking for.

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Jan 2016 22:21

Hi Nik and welcome to the boards.

It's 8 years since Dawn posted and 6 since Denise replied. Dawn hasn't posted again and may not even be a member now. However, if you click on her name you can send a Personal Message (PM) through the Genes Reunited system. IF Dawn still has the same email address that she registered with GR they will notify her that there is a message waiting for her.

Don't hold your breath for a reply, for many reasons she might not get back to you, but you can hope. You can check in your own Sent messages box to see if there is a closed green envelope by your message. If there is it means the message hasn't been opened at her end.

Good luck

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jan 2016 22:42

Nik, I can't tell if it is the same Dawn Harvey, but if you go to 'Search' at top of page and 'search all trees' for Paul Whiting 1966, there is another membership number for Dawn, you could try sending a message there as well, just in case she is still using that email address.

Gary

Gary Report 20 Jan 2016 23:06

Thank you for your replies I hope this works as this is something i have been trying to do for years, and only by accident came across this site and my birth mothers name.

Gary

Gary Report 9 Jun 2016 23:59

Just to add a note to this thread. Dawn and I are now talking and are meeting this weekend for the first time.

Thanks to all those who helped..... :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Jun 2016 01:22

great news!!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 10 Jun 2016 09:31

That is wonderful.

Good luck to you and Dawn!

Prickles. :-)