Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Look up needed Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪*

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪* Report 12 Oct 2008 18:38

Agnes Elizabeth Warminger born 1880 married Alfred Henry Wigley in Norwich in Dec 1899.
He died in 1914 & she then married William Henry Firth born c1870 in Norfolk.
I can find no record of this marriage but they had a daughter Doris in 1921.
All are from Norwich, except maybe not William as I dont know very much about him.
Please if somebody could help.

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪*

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪* Report 12 Oct 2008 19:09

Hi Susan, Yes I have dont that but nothing Im afraid

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2008 19:10

Is it possible that they never married because William was married to someone else at the time (it happened a lot between the wars).

There is this marriage for a William Henry Firth but not to a Wigley or a Warminger.

Marriages Sep 1909
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRTH William Henry Wayland 4b 509

Kath. x

Nicki

Nicki Report 12 Oct 2008 19:13

Births Jun 1921 - for reference -

Firth Doris Warminger Norwich 4b 260

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪*

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪* Report 12 Oct 2008 19:17

I did wonder that Kathleen, I'll take a look, thanks

Thanks Nicki, I'll look at that one too

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2008 19:20

The spouse for the marriage in 1909 is Dora Stringer.

Kath. x

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪*

*♫*♥*Janice*♥*♪* Report 12 Oct 2008 19:23

Thanks Kath, it doesnt mean anything, Im afraid

Roland

Roland Report 26 May 2013 20:53

I think William H. Firth was probably born Dec Qr 1873 in Norwich RD – sorry but cannot be more precise. He probably married Beatrice Emma Hutchin Jun Qr 1898 in Norwich RD. That theory is strengthened by the death of a Beatrice E. Firth Sep Qr 1919 in Norwich RD. As Beatrice Emma was 41 at the time of her death, that ties in with the birth of a Beatrice Emma Hutchin in Jun Qr 1877 Norwich RD.

William H Firth married Agnes E Wigley Jun Qr 1920 Norwich RD. All info. from FreeBmd website. Hope that helps.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 May 2013 21:19

Roland

Did you spot the date of this posting as probably the original poster will not be checking back on this

GB