Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samuel Bryan/Florence Gibson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jannny47

Jannny47 Report 24 Nov 2008 00:09

they married in 1912 in Welingbourough Northants,Florence was from Denton ,has anyone got them in their tree please as i would like to ask some questions if thats ok,they may be my relation.thanks JAN

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 24 Nov 2008 00:16

Have you tried the quick search at the top of the page?

Jannny47

Jannny47 Report 24 Nov 2008 00:38

HI Doris
yes i have and i have freebmd and family search them ,thought this may work,this part of my family is a bit difficult,they didnt talk much so i have had to gess.thanks for your interest ,I will try again tommorow JAN

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 24 Nov 2008 00:54

I just feel like following you around, lol.

My nan was from Wellingborough and married there in 1918. All Saints Church?

http://www.allsaintswellingborough.org.uk/

Jannny47

Jannny47 Report 25 Nov 2008 17:47

Evie .
i live in Portsmouth now but did live in Wllingbourough rd Finedon Northampton ,i have a very large family there ,thank you for your nice e.mails ,and info JAN

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 25 Nov 2008 18:16

Did they have only the two children?

Marriages Dec 1912
Bryan Samuel Gibson Wellingbro 3b 353
GIBSON Florence A Bryan Wellingbro' 3b 353

Births Jun 1913
Bryan Joseph L Gibson Wellingbro 3b 232

Births Sep 1915
BRYAN Francis H Gibson Wellingbro' 3b 210

(or there is a Bryan-Gibson birth in Hardingstone 1921, but also a marriage in 1913 in Northampton)

I just wondered whether that might be because Samuel died in WWI.

Don't see one at CWGC to match though.

What might you like to know? If it's their parents ... that marriage cert might be the only way. Which one of them might be your relation, and how? I'm always happy to poke and pry around, lol.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 25 Nov 2008 18:16

Wellingborough is small enough that your family probably knows my dad's cousin who still lives there!

Jannny47

Jannny47 Report 27 Nov 2008 22:42

Hi Evie
thank you so much again,yes you have my family
Florence Amelia was my great aunt,i do beleive Samuel Bryan died in the first world war ,i did read records of a Samuel Bryan in 1915 was shot in the hand but the writing was so bad i coulnt read very much of it,and the name beleive it or not was common in the Army,
Florence Amelia looks to have married again in 1929
Charles Dunkley=3b -117 Northants ,
i lived in Finedon and worked in the Tudor Gate Hotel
i lived Wellingbourough Rd.take care many thanks JAN