Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Honeybone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2008 01:52

I am particularly urgently seeking any information on June Anne Honeybone b 1936 parents Frank Charles Honeybone and Violet Evelyn nee Lammiman, last known address in 1959 in Hounslow

Please anyone?

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 31 Dec 2008 02:01

You will need to search through the marriages1 /4 by 1/4 for each year from 1959 to 1984 to see if she married but bearing in mind that she may have had more than one husband. 1984 onwards is easier because it's indexed

You will then need to ask for an electoral role search or look on 192.com for an address/phone number but what I fail to understand is after over 50 years why is this so urgent?

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 31 Dec 2008 02:22

Could be a family illness or death, Claire.

Do you know her exact date of birth, Julie? She was unmarried in 1959?

I ask about DOB because she would be over 70 now, and there is a possibility she is deceased.

The index of deaths 1984-2005 at Ancestry can be searched by given names and date of birth, without a surname. A match on those points would give more info to investigate, the surname.

There are five deaths for people named June Anne born in 1936.

June Anne Chappell 17 Sep 1936 Mar 2003 66 Bromley Kent

June Anne Cunnington 4 Jun 1936 Mar 1990 53 Rushcliffe Nottinghamshire

June Anne Hackett 22 Jun 1936 Aug 2004 68 Redditch Worcestershire

June Anne Sargon 1 Jun 1936 May 1999 62 Trowbridge Wiltshire

June Anne Wilkinson 24 Jun 1936 Sep 2001 65 Sheffield Yorkshire

If one of those records does match your Honeybone, the registration details can be provided, with which a death certificate can be ordered, and it might provide family info.

Otherwise, as Claire said, it means slogging through indexes looking for a marriage.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 31 Dec 2008 02:28

Julie - this probably will not help, but just in case.

Someone at GR has your June in her tree; the tree owner's surname is the same as June's mother, so the relationship is probably rather distant. If you're not in touch with that person and think it worth contacting her, click on the "Search Trees" button near the top of this page and just search for June Honeybone.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 31 Dec 2008 02:35

Your June's birth was registered in 3rd quarter (jul-aug-sept) 1936, so unfortunately all five of those deaths are possibilities (June births could have been registered in July, although earlier June births would likely have been registered before that).

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2008 17:24

hi thanks to all for suggestions. The urgency is yes because of June's age and the worry that we will not find her 'in time' or any information about her or what has happened to her since her last known whereabouts, it is very vitally and personally important for my Husband.
I post the 'shout out' from time to time just in case a newbie comes along who may be familiar with any current Honeybones in London who may have heard of June or perhaps Honeybones in New Zealand or other overseas jurisdictions who may know of a rellie named June from Houslow. I am showing info below which may jog someones memory or someone with a fresher mind and more experience or access to records may be able to help research

Still looking for any information however slight on June Ann Honeybone

born June 16 1936 to Frank Charles Honeybone and Violet Evelyn nee Lammiman.

Last known address in 1958 75 Ealing Park Gardens, Ealing W5.

Any information however slight would be appreciated, any schoolfriends, any Honeybone knowledge or rellies of London or Middlesex areas.

(June's Father Frank was a senior clerk with an oil company, )

Or anyone who might have known her mother Violet or Lammiman relatives, Violet died in the West Middx Hospital Isleworth in 1966.

any help would be appreciated
thank you
j
Edit | Delete | Add
Dorsetbaby 12th March 2008 16:04 Request review

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1899

Lammiman Violet Evelyn Fulham 1a 238

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2008 17:33

Hi again, the person who has June Honeybone in their tree gained this information from myself and has just entered details i provided into their tree, they do not have any knowledge of June.

further information on June's mother the Lammiman line
Violet born c1899 was the daughter of Charles Lammiman. Charles had two sisters Amy and Ada and two brothers, Henry and Thomas.
violet had a sister Ivy born c1901

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 2 Jan 2009 03:17

Okay, well, June, now we see that this is your fourth thread on this topic since last March. (edit - no, now I see four more dating from 2006 and 2007 ...)

The board rules are *one post per topic*. Why?

Well ...

Well, you may not be aware of one thing: your posts appear not just on the Honeybone "surname board", but on the entire Trying to Find board. If you are looking at Honeybone only and see "To list the entire trying to find board again click here", click it. That is where everyone else in the GR world sees your posts -- and helpful members set about trying to help. No one remembers a post from weeks or months ago -- even if they happen to have seen it at the time, and often even if they tried to help at the time.

Now you reproduce info from other threads that you didn't put in this one.

So I completely wasted my time looking for deaths post-1984, because you already knew the birthdate and I could easily have determined there was no June Anne death to match that birthdate, without comparing possible birthdates for the quarter of birth and then copying the possible deaths info to this thread.

You may hope that there are newbies with info -- but that is extremely unlikely, and what is very likely is that old hands who want to try to help will go looking for info for you. Info that you already had, in this particular case.

What you particularly neglected to mention in this thread was this:

Dorsetbaby 12th March 2008 16:24
Have checked for a Marriage right up to 1968 and nothing.

It's just very lucky that some sympathetic soul didn't go wasting time doing that search all over again, isn't it? (Had it not been a rather hectic week, I might well have tried to make a start on it myself.) Do you have some idea of how long that takes??

If you really do urgently want information, then sometime in the last 10 months you might have done those searches yourself, looking for:

- marriages from 1959ish onwards (after 1968, but also before 1968 if you want to double-check for yourself)

- deaths in the name Honeybone since the last known info about your June, 1959.

The images for the page of each quarter of the GRO index for the surname in question have to be downloaded at a subscription site like Ancestry. People here who pay for those subs do searches like that if they have the time and the need seems important.

But there's no reason you can't do them yourself. In fact, you can do them for free by taking out a 14-day free trial subscription at Ancestry.

Meanwhile, the thing to do, to bring your request to "fresh eyes", is to post a message in your existing thread. That will move it back to the top of the list on the Trying to Find board.

There are those who will say I'm rude for pointing this out. My position is that it is rude to ignore the rules of the board, start new threads about things that have already been attempted by other members, and not even mention the efforts that have already been made and info that has been found or not found, as the case may be.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 2 Jan 2009 03:39

But one suggestion.

You have the death info for June's parents.

VIOLET E HONEYBONE died fourth quarter 1966 age 67 registered in Hounslow.

(You posted that 14th February 2006)

... I'm not going to keep searching, but I presume you have the father's death too.

Do you have the death certificates?

Was June not in contact with the family when they died?

If you have the death certs (if not, you can get them) and thus know the exact date and place of death, have you looked for published obituaries? The local library would have newspaper archives on microfilm. An oblituary might name children, and in June's case might give a married surname.

Also, you posted about accidentally deleting a hot match with someone who had all your family in her tree.

If you use the Search Trees function here you should be able to find that person fairly easily, if you have not yet made contact with her.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 2 Jan 2009 03:50

I hate loose ends.

Several people named June (no mismatching middle name or initial) born 16 June 1936 are in the deaths index 1984-2005.

Name: June Johnston
Birth Date: 16 Jun 1936
Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 1997
Age at death (estimated): 61
Registration district: Merton
Inferred County: Surrey
Register number: B38
District and Subdistrict: 2441
Entry Number: 248

Name: June Murray
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 2004
Age at death (estimated): 67
Registration district: Fleetwood and Fylde
Inferred County: Lancashire
Register number: FY12A
District and Subdistrict: 584/2
Entry Number: 225

Name: June Tranter
Death Registration Month/Year: Sep 2003
Age at death (estimated): 67
Registration district: Coventry
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register number: E69A
District and Subdistrict: 063/1E
Entry Number: 11

You might want to investigate.

Julie

Julie Report 5 Jan 2009 05:56

Evie

Thank you for your lengthy reply. I am sorry if i have fallen foul of you and your time. Clearly I have not understood how this site works.

I have too taken lots of time out to help out lots of other members with personal visits to family research centres but at no time would i extend the irritable diatribe you spent precious time sending to me.

I am a genuine person, try very hard to help folks and if i make mistakes in entries on this site or inconvenience superior and more experienced folks here clearly like yourself then i am genuinly and truly very sorry but it is posts likes these that have put me off in the past and will do so again.

I would not have posted further on June Honeybone if I hadnt already expended huge tranches of time, money and other expertise over the years and exhausted every possibility my own obviously limited abilities could muster. All of the things you mention including subscriptions and work with other site, all certificates where possible etc

I appreciate your time Evie both in the investigation and your copious detail here but we folks have a choice. Is it really necessary to get irritated and shout off on this site without having first made a personal enquiry. If you resent helping peeps then why do it.

As I said i appreciate the time you have taken and i am genuinely sorry if my inexperience in the use of this site, other than simply typing a post, was incorrect. Thankfully I fall foul of folk such as yourself very rarely and have gained friends and thoroughly wonderful contacts during my time here and I have endeavoured to prove the same to others.

I have a disability and my time at the screen is limited hence the delay in response but I do thank you for your interest and please be assured I have learned from the mistakes you have taken further precious time to highlight. I will endeavour not to bother folks on this site with Honeybone enquiries in future.

Thank you
j

Julie

Julie Report 5 Jan 2009 06:03

Further, I have always thanked people for help either here on this board or via personal email. I do not intend getting into a 'tennis match' with you Evie as far as I am concerned the topic is now closed suffice to say that all of the things you suggest have been covered by myself, I would not even ask for assistance if i hadn't already covered the basics and more that you suggest...and repeated the exercise time over time as records are updated.