Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death record Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 4 Jan 2009 16:28

Can anyone possibly find a death record for a Lemuel William Hampson. He arrived in Toronto Ontario in 1920. Maybe he also had a marriage record. My problem is that I think this man is an imposter and am trying to track him down in Canada under the above name. Any help would be grateful

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Jan 2009 17:33

Pam, death records in Ontario now go up to 1947 on the new Familysearch pilot site here:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html?datestamp=1201994035790#p=0

Lemuel isn't there, though.
Margaret from the other Cornwall.

John

John Report 6 Jan 2009 21:13

Hi Margaret & Pam
Sorry at not relying to your kind lookups for me but my computer is playing up.
Regarding the death of Lemuel Hampson. I now feel for certain he was an imposter because Lemuel Hampson was my grandad and he died in 1917 3 yrs before this Lemuel went to Canada. All the information on the passage in 1920 are correct for MY grandad who had a passport in 1901 when he went to the USA and returned in 1905 when he married my Grandmother. I have tried looking for a birth of Bella Hampson also on the same boat with no luck. I now believe that she also went out there under a false name. She went to a sister Mrs S Gallagh in Pharmacy Ave Toronto and Lemuel to his sister Mrs L Hundle in Hambley Ave in Toronto. I could find no marriage to either of the sisters in England.
A lady from the Archieves office in Canada sent me a copy of the passenger declaration and on it clearly states Lemuel was married. My grandmother was very much alive in 1920 and remarried. I just thought that I could find a death in Canada and a marriage for Bella Hampson.
Thank you for your help, I do belive this is a mystery case.