Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Linda adopted in 1960

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 8 May 2009 21:06

Trying to find a way of finding my Cousin Linda, she was adopted in or around 1960 in Bolton Lancs, her Mother was Eleanor Grimes and Father was Leonard Parkinson, all I know was that she was adopted by a Doctor and his Wife, I was only about 6 months old. can anybody help me!!!

wendy

wendy Report 12 May 2013 21:24

Hi, don't know if I am who you are looking for... I was adopted in 1959, my birth parents were Eleanor Grimes and Leonard Parkinson. I only received my adoption file in the last few days. I would very much like to contact Eleanor so would appreciate it if you could let me know if this is a valid search. My name at time of adoption was Linda Parkinson, dob 17.3.58 (Baptized at Top o the Brow on 18.5.58). I have a very touching letter from Eleanor dated 30.11.59. Hope you will be in touch.

wendy

wendy Report 12 May 2013 21:25

Hi, don't know if I am who you are looking for... I was adopted in 1959, my birth parents were Eleanor Grimes and Leonard Parkinson. I only received my adoption file in the last few days. I would very much like to contact Eleanor so would appreciate it if you could let me know if this is a valid search. My name at time of adoption was Linda Parkinson, dob 17.3.58 (Baptized at Top o the Brow on 18.5.58). I have a very touching letter from Eleanor dated 30.11.59. Hope you will be in touch.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 12 May 2013 21:30

Wendy,

It is 4 years since Susan posted and she may no longer be looking for replies. Try clicking on her name to send a personal message. Genesreunited will inform her by email if she still has the same email address.

Good Luck.