Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookup offer for Australia

Page 1 + 1 of 54

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 5 Jan 2014 08:40

nudge

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Dec 2013 15:50

Replied by PM

Gai

Gai Report 23 Dec 2013 08:57

Hi Tawny,

Here is a transcript of the Death notice of the Charles Edward Lindsay that Cherliyn found.

Sydney Morning Herald - 7th February 1966

Lindsay, Charles Edward – February 5, 1966 at Narrabeen. Loved husband of the late Florence Lindsay, and loved father of Edward and David. Aged 85 years.

Regards
Gai

Tawny

Tawny Report 23 Dec 2013 08:12

Hi Cherilyn

Thank you for finding me all the info on Edward.

Merry Christmas

Tawny

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 23 Dec 2013 04:47

The death in NSW shows hewas 85 when he died in 1966 so that fits with your date of 1880 (though not his various dates)

LINDSAY Charles Edward Death notice 05FEB1966 Death [aged] 85 late of Narrabeen Sydney Morning Herald 07FEB1966

Go to ryersonindex.net/search.php

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 23 Dec 2013 04:30

Sent info via PM :)

Tawny

Tawny Report 15 Dec 2013 21:22

Hi Cherilyn

I don't know if you can help me as I don't have a lot of information. I am looking for Edward Chapman Lindsay who was born on the 16th March 1880 in Kirriemuir, Forfarshire (Angus), Scotland. He was illegitimate son of Margaret Mealmaker Lindsay who was also born in Kirriemuir.

I don't know when he left Scotland though according one of his cousins children he fought for Australia in WW1.

He had four brothers also all illegitimate and one of them named his grandfather as his father on his marriage certificate. Edwards' grandparents were Peter Lindsay and Mary Black Mealmaker and they also came from Kirriemuir.

I was wondering if Edward married and went on to have a family of his own?

Tawny

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 6 Nov 2013 03:43

nudge

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 23 Oct 2013 07:35

nudge

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 11 Oct 2013 05:25

thanks Gins :)

nudging

Gins

Gins Report 27 Sep 2013 17:35

Any chance of help Cheri

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1332076

Thanks

Gin x

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 24 Sep 2013 10:48

nudge

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 28 Aug 2013 04:12

Thanks, Gins :)

Gins

Gins Report 26 Aug 2013 19:47

Cheri

Would you mind taking a look

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1330524

x

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 13 Aug 2013 09:01

nudge for Beth & Graham

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 7 Aug 2013 08:50

Hi Graham

Sorry no marriage or death found for Peter in NSW. Too many P HALLS to locate him in telephone directory and not in electoral rolls to 1980 in NSW though a man by that name appears in Victoria 1954-80. and another in Queensland 1977-80.

No death for him in Victoria to 1985. :-(

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 7 Aug 2013 08:47

Hi Beth

Does Frank have a middle name? Was he Frank not Francis?

Can't see him in NSW but he may not have stayed there. No death at Ryerson Index.

There is a F MORETON in Western Australia in the White Pages online phone directory???

Sorry, not much help :-(

Graham

Graham Report 6 Aug 2013 08:14

Hi Cherilyn,

PETER THOMAS HALL

My fathers youngest sister was Jean Esme Daniel who married Denis Hall. They had a son in 1939 who was Peter Thomas Hall. They came originally from Manchester.
The family emigrated to Australia where eventually Jean and Denis divorced. Jean died in 1993 in New South Wales. I have a copy of her death certificate. She took her own life.
The question is, is Peter( who would be in his 70s now) still living. Could you look up for me if there is a marriage record for him or a death record please. I cannot find any information about him in UK records so I am assuming he is or was still in Australia.
Thanks
Graham

Helen

Helen Report 5 Aug 2013 23:06

Hi Cherilyn

I am trying to find out what happened to my father's brother Frank Moreton born march quarter 1931 in Basford, Nottingham, Parents Samuel L Moreton and Annie M Eade

He emigrated on 24 Jan 1948
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Arrived on a ship called Orion
I am trying to find out what happen after he emigrated, whether he got married, had kids ect.
Thanks Beth

۞ Cherilyn ۞

۞ Cherilyn ۞ Report 4 Aug 2013 07:44

Thanks, Chris, I will rpely on the original thread :)