Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

McGreavey Sligo Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Feb 2010 09:01

Good Morning
Sorry out to dinner last night so didn't get back online. I am presuming Catholic as my father was baptised Catholic.
Many Thanks

Valerie

Valerie Report 24 Feb 2010 19:18

Hi , Ann was born between Bridget & Mary in 1845. I live in Nigeria so can't order anything until I return to the UK. Post takes forever & goes missing & we prefer not to pay online for anything due to hackers!!! This is reason for asking for assistance.
In 1861 the family were living in Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, Co. Durham. I have a print of the census. I also have a contact on GR who is a descendant of Catherine but she cannot find any further info either.
I do appreciate you trying to help me.
Kind Regards
Val

Valerie

Valerie Report 24 Feb 2010 12:06

Any information at all on this family would be helpful.
Her siblings are Thomas b. c1839 Ireland
James b c.1841 Ireland
Bridget b. c1843 Ireland
Mary b .c1850 Ireland
Catherine b. c1852 Sunderland.
Would really like to know who her mother was too.

Thank you for trying to help

Valerie

Valerie Report 24 Feb 2010 11:34

Good Morning. Hope someone out there can help me. Looking for info on McGreavey (also have it spelled McGravey & McGreevey) family from Sligo Ireland.
My GG Grandmother Ann McGreavey was born in Sligo in 1845 and married William Moir from Montrose Scotland in Sunderland on 18/6/1866. He was a Master Mariner. From the 1861 Census I found her family, father Michael McGravey born Ireland 1809, no mention of mother. 5 siblings. From this census I believe they left Ireland for Sunderland between 1850 & 1852 (child born 1850 in Ireland another 1852 in Sunderland). I have looked at some Irish sites but found no mention of this surname.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Val