Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 18 Jun 2010 03:44

Me again, last one for the day!
Thomas Griffiths b. 3 Jul 1808 Wales, England. Trying to find out any information regardings this one! Family myth has it that he had a twin who went to America & somehow is connected to Gregory Peck...........
But I have been unable to find out anything about Thomas including when he came to South Australia.
Thanks all

Vicci

Vicci Report 18 Jun 2010 04:21

Hi

you'll need to give more info on Thomas, parents etc and be more precise about where in wales he was from, Griffiths is a very common name in wales

Vicci

Vicci Report 18 Jun 2010 04:22

Wife's name/ children
died when? In south Australia?

Amanda

Amanda Report 18 Jun 2010 04:30

Thomas Griffiths think he came from Llansphen, Radnorshire married Catherine Williams. Thinking he cam out to Australia 1849 listed as Mr T , wife & 6 children? Not 100% on this one!
Ta Amanda

Gael

Gael Report 18 Jun 2010 04:36

Would this be his son???

Name: Thos. Williams Or Griffith
Baptism/Christening Date: 14 Aug 1831
Baptism/Christening Place: LLANGIAN,CAERNARVON,WALES
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Thos. Griffith
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Catharine Williams
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C09875-1
System Origin: Wales-ODM
Source Film Number: 104573
Reference Number:
Collection: Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907

Gael

Amanda

Amanda Report 18 Jun 2010 04:38

Could be, but I have a Thomas listed as 1850, maybe the first Thomas died?
Ta Amanda

Gael

Gael Report 18 Jun 2010 04:46

Found this on the database for South Australia

GRIFFITHS Richard born 1852-02-03 at (Mur), father GRIFFITHS Thos, mother WILLIAMS Catharine
GRIFFITHS Richard born 1854-06-02 at (Mur), father GRIFFITHS Thos, mother WILLIAMS Cath
GRIFFITHS Thomas born 1850-03-18 at (Mur), father GRIFFITHS Thos, mother WILLIAMS Cath

Birth Sources
The major sources of these births are the (Holy) Trinity Church baptism register and the South Australian Births Registrations 1842 to 1906, South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society, 1997. Other church records and newspapers of the day are also being consulted.

http://www.familyhistorysa.info/births-marriages-deaths/births.html

Gael

Amanda

Amanda Report 21 Jun 2010 04:44

Thank you

Helene

Helene Report 26 Dec 2012 13:00

Amanda
Just picked up your 2010 post regarding Thomas Griffiths. I have some SA information on thomas & Catherine, but am looking for details of how they got here and who Thomas' parents etc were.

He died in SA 1859 and Catherine re-married but you may have this info by now.

I am also a member of GR.

Where are you based. I am in Adelaide.

PS What happens now? Can your reply come via GR

H. Griffiths

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Dec 2012 13:05

Helene, since this is a 2 year old post I doubt that Amanda will be checking it. Your best bet would be to click on Amanda's name and send her a personal message.