Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crellin/Harrison/Whitehaven/REPEAT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 29 Oct 2010 12:01

To anyone who replied to my posting 12/10/2010 - this is repeated due to it disappearing off the site! GenesR are kindly trying to sort the problem for me. M.

Although bringing up their families in Toxteth, Liverpool, both my mother's Grandfather (on her Father's side) and her Great Grandfather (on her Mother's side) - each came from Whitehaven, Cumberland. Both born in Whitehaven in 1811 they had arrived in Liverpool by 1851 and 1841 census respectively.
I just wish I could find out more about their Whitehaven connection.

All I have so far, is the baptism of my mother's G. Grandfather John Crellin at St Nicholas Church 13th October 1811, son of Henry and Judith. Another son, William, was also baptised there on 3rd July 1814. I have been unable to find anything more on these names. The 1851 the census for John Crellin also shows Henry Simmons, uncle, age 77 and Judith Simmons, aunt, age 66, both born Isle of Man. We have, as a family, always known that the Crellins had originated from the Isle of Man.

My mother’s Grandfather John Harrison marrried in Whitehaven (Catherine McCutchen) and had four children before moving to Liverpool prior to 1851. ( In 1841 were living in ‘township of Netherwasdale’)
Widowed in 1864 he re-married and had one more son who was my mother’s father.
My quest goes a long way back, but I have always been fascinated by the fact that both of my mother’s ancesters had migrated to Liverpool from Whitehaven. They also lived in very close proximity in Liverpool.

Hoping I have clarified things and not too complicated! - and thanks in anticipation.