Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

murrie records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 4 Nov 2010 00:27

hi there i am trying to find information on my grandfathers family from scotland so far all i can say is his name was albert j murrie born 19/7/1939 he died in 2000 and his mothers name was prescilla robb think he was born in clackmannashire

Alison

Alison Report 4 Nov 2010 03:02

Hi kimberley,

Have you got Alberts birth certificate?

Alison

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Nov 2010 10:30

You need Scotlands People. You can order from there his birth and death cert which will give you lots of family details if the info was known by the informant !

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Nov 2010 10:35

his birth
1939 MURRIE ALBERT J D M ALVA (CLACKMANNAN) /CLACKMANNAN 465/0B 0037

and death
1 2000 MURRIE ALBERT JAMES DI Not Permissible M 60 CLACKMANNANSHIRE /CLACKMANNANSHIRE 460/00 0186 No

with both these refs you can order the certs.

alviegal

alviegal Report 4 Nov 2010 10:40

He was born in Alva, Clackmannanshire according to a quick check on http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ which is where you can buy credits to research your Scottish family. £6 for 30 credits which, in theory, could give you 5 certificates to view and print if they are between these dates Births: 1855-1909, Marriages: 1855-1934, Deaths: 1855-1959. OPRs are also available for earlier records.

Liz

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 5 Nov 2010 21:46

my grandmother has his certificate i know his mother and fathers name i would like info on siblings and grandparents and such like

Helen

Helen Report 5 Nov 2010 22:06

This is where Scotlandspeople comes into it's own.

If you have your grandfather's parents names, you can look for their marriages ... which in turn will record both sets of parents names.

And so on ....

Siblings might be reasonably easy to find also .. given the spelling of Murrie ... and the location ... Clackmannan.

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 6 Nov 2010 23:47

yes i have his parents names his mother was prescilla robb and his fathers name was the same as his albert james (dixon) murrie

alviegal

alviegal Report 7 Nov 2010 20:50

I can't find a Murrie/ Robb marriage at all, in fact I can't find a marriage for an Albert Murrie at all. Prescilla Robb has nothing and Priscilla Robb has a few hits but none matches the name Murrie or even Murray. Priscilla Robb and William Gill married in Alloa, Clackmannanshire but that is the closest.

Liz

alviegal

alviegal Report 7 Nov 2010 20:58

OK found them.

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Albert J D Murrie
Name: Albert J D Murrie
Spouse Surname: Robb
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1938
Registration district: Whitehaven
Registration county (inferred): Cumberland
Volume Number: 10b
Page Number: 1320
Find Spouse: Priscilla Robb

Kimberley

Kimberley Report 10 May 2013 00:06

It may be easier to search his full name as it is unusual its Albert j d Murrie

jax

jax Report 10 May 2013 02:55

Hi Kimberley

Have you looked on scotlands people since you last posted?

As his parents married in England only the fathers names will be mentioned on the marriage cert...as long as they knew them of course

There is someone called James that has Priscilla Robb 1920 Clackmannanshire in his tree are you in contact?