Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

johnson / germany of grimsby.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sarah

sarah Report 8 Jun 2011 20:29

i need help lol am looking for my grandad side of the family i think his name was joseph johnson born about 1915 in blundell ave in cleethorpes, to a alice germany and joseph johnson and who we think married in 1913 in grimsby but we can seam to get any further then that if anyone could help me would appreciate it :-)
thank sarah

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 8 Jun 2011 20:35

Hi Sarah,

if you are wanting to trace his ancestry then the best thing to do is to order his parents marriage certificate. It should contain the fathers names and occupations...... this will help when searching the 1911 census, also the witnesses maybe family members;

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1913 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany Alice Johnson Grimsby 7a 1428
Johnson Joseph Germany Grimsby 7a 1428

Dee x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jun 2011 20:52

How is it your are unsure of his name and birthdate yet know his parents' names?

"i think his name was joseph johnson born about 1915"

Rose

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 8 Jun 2011 20:54

HENRICKSON, Annie Wife Married F 38 1873 Lincoln Colesby VIEW
BRUMPTON, William Adpt Son Single M 20 1891 Labourer Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
CARNWELL, George Father M 60 1851 Confectioners Shop Asst Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
GERMANY, Alice Servant Single F 16 1895 Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
HENRICKSON, Alma Daughter F 0 (7 MONTHS) 1911 Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
HENRICKSON, Edward Son M 11 1900 School Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
HENRICKSON, Ruby Daughter F 8 1903 School Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
HENRICKSON, Doon Daughter F 3 1908 Lincoln Grimsby VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
19971 Reference:
RG14PN19971 RG78PN1197A RD422 SD1 ED23 SN66

Registration District:
Grimsby Sub District:
Great Grimsby Enumeration District:
23 Parish:
Clee

Address:
328 Willingham Street Grimsby

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Jun 2011 21:07

I think the first thing you have to do is ascertain who your grandfather was. You say you think he was Joseph Johnson? Why try to trace this man's parents if you don't know if he's your grandfather? Is he your mother's or father's father? Do you have their birth certificate?

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Jun 2011 21:16

Somebody else asking about same family:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1271012

sarah

sarah Report 8 Jun 2011 21:50

rose
i am unsure of his name because family members have told me he went by different names joseph johnson and jack edward johnson i was also told his mother was alice johnson (nee germany) thats all i know

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 8 Jun 2011 21:57

Births Jun 1915
Johnson Joseph Germany Grimsby 7a 1079

Also
Births Sep 1916
Johnson George W Germany Grimsby 7a 1051

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Jun 2011 23:01

You didn't answer thr question, Sarah. Do you have your mother or father's birth certificate with his name on it?

sarah

sarah Report 9 Jun 2011 13:04

yes its down as joseph johnson

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 9 Jun 2011 13:26

Just wondering then why you said you think his name was Joseph Johnson?

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2012 16:05

Alice Germany's parents were John Jermany and Ellen (Emma) Morvinson. The Germany/Jermany surname changes a fair bit just to add to the confusion. John Jermany was a fisherman in Grimsby and never seems to feature on the censuses - guess he was at sea most of the time. I think Alice had a daughter, Theodora who married a Jack Rushby and that drifts down into my family tree.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 27 Dec 2012 17:36

Hello John, it's a few years since there were any posts on here.

You could try clicking on Sarah's name to try to send her a direct message. She should be notified of it if still an active member.