Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MY WELSH ROOTS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 8 Aug 2011 16:53

I have managed to trace my Welsh roots on my father's side to my GGG Grandfather Richard Jones who was born in 1763 and would now like to try to find my GGGG Grandfather, but i'm not sure how to proceed with my search.

Richard born 1763 married Anne and they appear to have had only my GG Grandfather John born 1802. John was born in Eglwysrhos(Llanrhos) and he and his father were Blacksmiths and lived at their Smithy together with their respective families. Richard died in 1836 and John died in 1873 Both are buried in the local churchyard as i have found their graves. I am assuming Richard was also born in Llanrhos but i am not sure, but i would imagine certainly in Caernarvonshire.

John and his wife had 4 sons, John, Richard, Robert and William and these names keep on appearing on records as the years go by, the name John appearing in the family until the present day. I am wondering if GGGG Grandfather could be called either of these names but it's a long shot! I assume GGGG grandfather could possibly have been born circa. 1730.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.