Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Adsett c1761

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 9 Aug 2011 13:58

Having now been to Surrey Family History Centre, I am not further forward to finding John Adset's parents or any trace of where he cam from, he married Mary Crouch Wisley 1787 as is noted in Wisley Parish Records and said he was of that parish, his witness's were not related to him.I do know from staff at records office that they only had to live in the parish for 6 weeks to say that they were from that parish.
His first son William was baptised in Wisley as well 1788, then he moved to Petworth in Sussex, where there are a number of Adsetts in local villages. Most people have his parents as Thomas Adshead and Margaret Heather but I know this is wrong as there son John bap 1765 married Ann Ayling or that parish, so not going to follow there trees as I know it is wrong, the trap that others seem to be following and to the extent that they put that Thomas has 2 sons called John one in 1762 and 1765, whom both marry and have children, this would not happen to the best of my belief.
Just laziness and willing to accept it as right and follow the others.

If anyone can answer my riddle I would be ver greatful, there were many Adsets in the Surrey area and from further north as well, I just need help to find the right thread, I have been searching for 5 years now and still no further forward, or backwards as the case is.