Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ethel Johnson Leeds born early 1900's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 13 Apr 2012 22:20

I'm searching for an Ethel Johnson who was from Leeds and I think she was born in the early 1900's, around 1900-1905, possibly later but I'm sure it was around this time.

I know she was still alive in 1987 and lived in sherburn in elmet (north yorks) with her sister in sheltered accommodation for the elderly. I don't think she ever married, in fact I'm pretty sure that she didn't.

Sorry to be so vague but this is all I have and i know people on this board know all the sites to find this information. I only really know this site, familysearch.org and that's about it.

If anyone can give me any information I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks

Matt

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Apr 2012 22:24

Who was her sister?
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Apr 2012 22:29

Have you tried FreeBMD for her birth ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Apr 2012 22:30

1911 census has 11 entries for Ethel Johnson born 1901-1911 in Leeds
6 still living in Leeds

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Apr 2012 22:31

There were 10 Edith Johnson's born in Leeds around that time.How have you come by her?
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Apr 2012 22:33

Ahh problem theres several Ethel Johnson's

Births Mar 1901 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel Leeds 9b 380
Births Jun 1901 (>99%)
JOHNSON Ethel Leeds 9b 560
Births Jun 1902 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel Leeds 9b 491
Births Mar 1903 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel Leeds 9b 388
Births Dec 1903 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel Leeds 9b 395
Births Mar 1904 (>99%)
JOHNSON Ethel Leeds 9b 410
Births Sep 1904 (>99%)
JOHNSON Ethel Leeds 9b 391
Births Dec 1904 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel May Leeds 9b 478
Births Jun 1905 (>99%)
Johnson Ethel Leeds 9b 43

Her sistesr name may help

margaret

margaret Report 1 Oct 2022 23:55

Hi Matthew
I believe I knew the lady you are searching for. If it is the lady her christian name was not Ethel but it did begin with 'E', after her retirement she went to live with her sister in sheltered housing in Sherburn in Elmet Leeds.
Can I ask why you want to know about Miss Johnson?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Oct 2022 08:20

Margaret

This is a very old thread and the poster hasn’t replied to any of the posts on it so it’s very unlikely he will see your response

If you want to make contact then click on his name and send a message

No guarantees though he will receive it or respond if he does

margaret

margaret Report 2 Oct 2022 11:57

Ok. Thank you for the above infomation Shirley.

I have only joined yesterday after I came across Matthews message and I don't really know what genes reunited is all about. I came across the message regarding Miss Johnson on a google search purely by chance. I thought the info I have could help him a great deal.

Can you tell me If you send a message to the person (Matthew) does he get an email with the message I will send?

Thanks for your help

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Oct 2022 12:04

Matthew will be sent a email telling him there is a message. He will have to log in to read it.
Genes do not notify you if anyone has added a post to the thread which is why Shirley suggested a pm. However, if Matthew has changed his email address without informing Genes he won’t receive it.

margaret

margaret Report 2 Oct 2022 12:29

Nameslessone,

Ah OK. Thank you for your message and help.