Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

malone place birth parents 1936

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 17 Apr 2012 11:33

hi im am trying to trace a ancestor who was at this address in 1936 and im wondering does anyone know a site i could search for records please :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Apr 2012 12:02

Where the h*** is Malone Place?

Are we supposed to know?

Who are you looking for? The mother of an illegitimate child seems the most likely, in view of the wording of your title

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Apr 2012 12:03

You need to give info that searchable for any help

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 17 Apr 2012 12:09

From Googling it looks like there was a hospital / maternity unit in Malone Place in Belfast around that time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2448086/?pageindex=1

Janet

Janet Report 17 Apr 2012 12:30

I know where Malone Place is. I live near Belfast. A name would be needed for any results unless your ancestor would be living there in 1911. Try Googling Belfast Street Directory 1936 and see what you come up with.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Janet

Janet Report 17 Apr 2012 12:55

This is as close as I can get at the moment. 1913. Maybe some of the names will ring a bell if your relative was alive then.

Malone Place
off Lisburn Road
St. George's Ward, South Par. Div.

1. Belfast & Glasgow Boot Repairing Co. - W. J. Thompson, manager
3. Oliver, Wm., labourer
5. Kane, James, labourer
7. Trimble, David G., clerk
9. Turley, Robert, printer
11. Magill, Samuel, mechanic
13. Dowds, F., carpenter
15. Madill, Alexander
17. Kennedy, R., collar cutter
19. Ireland, Hugh, suit cutter
21. Chambers, Mrs. Mary
23. Colvin, Alex., butcher
..........Blondin Street intersects
25 to 31. Rescue and Maternity Home - Miss Blackburn, matron

Penny

Penny Report 18 Apr 2012 06:55

Can i try and extract some facts from that....

Sorry yes it is Belfast

looking for what happen to maggie kennedy (Margret) after she left her home in 1936.

I know she had gone the 80 eglantine avenue belfast til 1939 but because the e/r and census not taken from 1940-1946 she has vanished.

she born 1912 so the only birth record i can get is showing her parents as hugh kennedy and sarah mccurray,
his parents william kennedy and jane mullen 74 rowland street
her parents margaret and william mccurry 40 railway street.

weird thing is that the nurse E.mccluskey at malone plane lisburn road has sighned the birth cert in 1936 and I think that she maybe related as the name is in almost my records of family,

elizabeth mccluskey also signed the wedding cert as jane mullen and william marriage cert on 21.12.1878.

I would just love to know if she married and I can start to search other relatives. All the details just cant get stuff i near to slot the missing pieces. thank u

Janet

Janet Report 18 Apr 2012 10:13

I don't understand how a birth certificate can be signed in 1936 when Maggie was born in 1912, or have I misunderstood. Could the Maggie of 1936 be a child of Maggie in 1912?

Try looking for Elizabeth McCluskey and see if she's an aunt of Maggie. I take it she was a witness to the marriage.

The best place to take your research forward is to visit the Births, Marriages and Deaths office in Belfast. They have very accurate records from about 1850. I got a lot of information from there. Of course, if you don't live in N Ireland, that's not much use.

Maura

Maura Report 18 Apr 2012 12:35

Sharonrose why did you delete again your thread on Margaret Kennedy.

Maura

Maura Report 19 Apr 2012 11:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1279105

Sorry thought you deleted it, but you have deleted previous post on this person, where people have tried to help you. Margaret give her address as Fermanagh so why are you looking at births in Belfast & how do you know that the Margaret Kennedy in Eglantine Avenue is your 1.

Janet

Janet Report 19 Apr 2012 17:40

Hi. I have just read the previous thread via Maura's link. If she worked as a servant for the Cole family and was expecting a child she may not have been allowed to stay as she would not have been much use to them. She may have moved then to Eglantine Avenue and had the child at the Malone Place Hospital. I take it now that it is this child's birth certificate that E McCluskey signed. However (someone correct me if I'm wrong) if the same E McCluskey signed Margaret's mother's marriage certificate she would be in her 70's and I doubt she would still be a nurse. Would this be a daughter of the original Elizabeth? Where else on your family tree does she re-appear?

There seems to be 3 people in this query, Maggie Kennedy - her child (do you know the sex of the child or if it was given up for adoption) and Elizabeth McCluskey - all possible relatives. But it's Maggie you're really interested in - am I right? :-S