Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hudson Steam Fishing Company (Hull & Grimsby)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AlfredC

AlfredC Report 9 Nov 2012 10:48

Trying to trace Family tree of the Trawler Owners by the name of Hudson in Hull and Grimsby, Alfred Hudson was stationed in Belfast Northern Ireland during WW2. Any help much appreciated (new beginner).

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Nov 2012 10:52

Hello Alfred - welcome to the boards

can you give us a dob for Alfred, and can you tell us what else you know about him - mother, father, sisters etc.

Ann X

greyghost

greyghost Report 9 Nov 2012 10:52

Found when googling

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1299328

AlfredC

AlfredC Report 10 Nov 2012 16:35

Hello Ann, thank you for getting back to me, Alfred was my Birth Father, he met my mother while stationed in Belfast Northern Ireland during WW2. He was from Grimsby and his family were Trawler Owners, I know very little about him as my grandparents brought me up until I was 3 years old and they were not happy about their daughters relationship with him. My mother married soon after I was born and I did not find out that I was adopted by my stepfather until the age of 13. During WW2 the government took over the trawlers and their crews from Hull & Grimsby to form a Naval Patrol Force to seek and destroy bombs at sea, I have found articles in the newspaper of that time and an A Hudson was instrumental in helping the government achieve this. I think he may have been born about 1920, but I thought that the Hudson family must have been very well known in Hull & Grimsby and maybe I could trace the family tree through local family history society's? I do not know who his parents were, I think he may have been married with children. I think there was a Charles Hudson, and a Tom Hudson in his family ancestry? Sorry I cant give you much information.

AlfredC

AlfredC Report 21 Nov 2012 16:40

I am trying to find out about the family of my Father Alfred Hudson, who were Trawler Owners in Hull & Grimsby in the 20th Century. Ideally I would like to see a photo of him just to see what he looked like, and I am sure he must have had other descendants which it would be nice to get in contact with. :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Nov 2012 16:47

Alfred

ONE post per topic

Repeating yourself won't affect the info available

AlfredC

AlfredC Report 21 Nov 2012 17:33

Sorry Reggie, just hoped someone may see this and throw me a life line. I have the time to research the Family History but I am not sure which of the many Alfred Hudson's there appear to have been, is the one that I am related to. I do not have any other details like Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, date of birth, date of death? date of marriage etc. Thanks for your interest and help you have offered. :-)