Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding a long lost family!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 20 Nov 2012 11:56

Hello to everyone out there wherever you are!

Can anyone help me find the decendants of Dulcie &Harold Henderson from Jubalpore in India. Dulcie's maiden name was Norton. There were two children of the marriage, a boy & girl. There was also a sister who lived in Leicester (that I have been in touch with). She also had an Aunt Irene in India.
I hope someone can help as I have been searching for YEARS.

Have a nice day. Maria

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Nov 2012 12:45

Marie, It may help us if you can give some approximate dates please.

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Nov 2012 12:55

For ref for helpers

Dulcie Lena Norton ( born 1913)

14 Jul

Calcutta, West Bengal, IndiaMarriage

Marie are you aware of the tree on Ancestry which has the children listed as 'private'?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Nov 2012 13:01

where were they living ??

Marie

Marie Report 20 Nov 2012 20:37

Hi There

Thanks for the input.

I have been using the Free LDS geneology site and have they same info. My problem has started since the family came to the UK in the 50s.
They seem to have vanished into thin air like a lot of my Anglo Indian Ancestors.
All I have is an old photograph!
I did not know about the tree on Ancestory, but, I have to admit I found the site a wee bit confusing and quite expensive to use.

Bless you for your advice.
Maria

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Nov 2012 21:44

Marie. you could take a free trial on Ancestry, as long as you remember to cancel within the 14 days you won't be charged.

The tree does not have any death details for Dulcie or Harold though.

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 20 Nov 2012 21:52

Well I can't find Harold or Dulcie in deaths on GR. The only lady I could find is Dulcie Patricia who was born 4.6.1903.

I wonder if they returned to India. It must have been such a different way of life and climate and probably a difference too much.

Sorry can't think of anything else.J

patchem

patchem Report 20 Nov 2012 22:02

She is in someone's tree on here.
Have you contacted them?

Added:
The person who has her in her tree, was herself born in Karachi, Pakistan (in 1948).

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 20 Nov 2012 23:10

You can also search and view public Ancestry trees on their sister site Mundia http://www.mundia.com/gb/ - you can also contact tree owners

You have to register but it's completely free.

Marie

Marie Report 21 Nov 2012 10:00

Good morning
I wish I had used this part of GR before, you lot out there are marvellous!!!
I shall try all the advice and report back.
Maria

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 21 Nov 2012 10:26

Morning Maria.

Meet just a part of the dream team :-D