Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Benskin, Joseph John Ward

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicki  (Victoria)

Vicki (Victoria) Report 21 Nov 2012 03:56

Any Benskin and King Families?? I would love to connect to any of these families. My Benskin and King came to America, about the time Abe Lincoln was assassinated. They settled in Kansas lived and died there. Margaret Mary Benskin married Joseph John Ward before they came to America. They farmed in Barkby District of Barrow upon soar. What dose it mean Barrow upon Soar???
Any help would be soooo appreciated. Hope to met some cousins from England. Some day I am coming to England to meet the Queen. I love England.
Warm Regards
Vicki <3

IanPJS

IanPJS Report 21 Nov 2012 06:01

Hi Vicki,

I can't help with your relatives but can tell you that Barrow was the name of the village/town which was built on the banks of a river, Soar being the name of the river.

Hence, Barrow upon Soar.

Regards,

Ian

Quoy

Quoy Report 21 Nov 2012 06:31

Hello Vicki and welcome

quite a few trees on Ancestry have Mary Margaret Benskin and Joseph John Ward

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/43718871/person/12695354271?ssrc=

Dea

Dea Report 21 Nov 2012 09:35

This appears to be their marriage, though her name is 'a little astray' ??

Marriages Sep 1845 (>99%)
Bruskin Mary Barrow upon Soar 15 45

WARD Joseph Barrow on S 15 45

Dea x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Nov 2012 13:43

Hello Vicki and welcome to the Community boards.

The best way to connect with any possible relatives on this site is by putting the names of those you are researching into the Search all Trees box. You will find the box by clicking on Search above.

If you find any connections, you can contact the tree owner for further information. Cx.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 15:32

Where does the name King come into this?