Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Records - Keeler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 28 Nov 2012 15:30

Mildred Keeler 1921-2010 married George Mahar 29/04/1941 Narrogin, Western Australia. I believe they had 3 male and 2 female children. I would be very much appreciative if i could find the identity of these people. Their great x 2 grandmother was a sibling of my 3 x great grandad.. Thanks

Adeline

Adeline Report 28 Nov 2012 16:00

Maybe the same family? Found on the Trove Australian newspaper site - http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/search?adv=y

The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954) Friday 4 July 1947

"The engagement is announced of: Florence May, third eldest daughter of Mrs. Mildred Mahar, of Yealering, and the late J. Keeler, to Kevin, only son of Mrs. F. M. Saunders, Havelock-street, Narrogin."

Mark

Mark Report 28 Nov 2012 16:03

Thank you Adeline

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Nov 2012 02:23

Hi Mark

I noticed these 'Keeler' (WAus) marriages -
1894 Katherine m Thomas Field
1905 Albert Edgar m Marie Sapperveinne
1917 Ivy V m Frank Biddle
1917 Nellie m Daniel Birch
1920 Elsie A m Gilbert J Marsh
1929 Millie m William Mahar
1941 Mildred m George M Mahar (b1910)

The 'W A State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ..they may be able to trace one or two of them from the electoral rolls.
There are a few 'Mahar's listed in the 'White Pages' phone book.

Valerie (WAus)

Mark

Mark Report 29 Nov 2012 14:49

Thank you for your help...