Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scotland look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 16 Dec 2012 19:03

Hi...Please can some-one do a birth look-up for me in grangemouth scotland...Thank you

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Dec 2012 19:16

You'll need to buy some credits for Scotland's People http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

It's not a subscription site.

And you haven't given any details.

cane

cane Report 16 Dec 2012 19:25

how much are the credits

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 16 Dec 2012 19:35

They are £7 for 30 - but you could have looked that up on the link.

You can do a free search and can sometimes work out what you're looking for if you manipulate the search results.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 16 Dec 2012 21:26

If the birth is within the last 100 years you will have to order the certificate. You will not be able to view / download it online.

Statutory registration didn't begin until 1855 in Scotland. Scottish certificates give more information than English ones.

cane

cane Report 16 Dec 2012 22:16

so sorry i didnt get back earlier...got a bit side-tracked with potwashing....i was kinda hoping i could get a bit of info on samuel abbott and any other abbott births between 1911-1920 with m m n Pace.....i did have a look on S p was finding it difficult to get around...thanks

Aileen

Aileen Report 20 Dec 2012 00:59

I could only find one

1 1916 ABBOTT SAMUEL M GRANGEMOUTH /STIRLING 481/B2 0183

Aileen

Aileen Report 20 Dec 2012 01:01

these are others

1925 ABBOTT CATHERINE F GRANGEMOUTH /STIRLING 481/B2 0123

1927 ABBOTT CHARLES RICHARD M GRANGEMOUTH /STIRLING 481/B2 0072

1918 ABBOTT CHARLES WILLIAM M GRANGEMOUTH /STIRLING 481/B2 0170