Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ethel Manning

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 7 Jan 2013 20:51

Thanks.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 7 Jan 2013 20:49

Information here on how to get a copy of the will.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/copies-of-grants-wills

Jayne

Jayne Report 7 Jan 2013 20:48

Thanks for the reply, I seem to be having a senior moment.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 7 Jan 2013 20:47

Thank you MarieCeleste. I thought it sounded familiar.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 7 Jan 2013 20:45

Name: Ethel Manning
Probate Date: 10 Nov 1932
Death Date: 24 Sep 1932
Death Place: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England
Registry: London, England

Ethel Manning died at The Royal Northern Hospital, Holloway Road, Middlesex. Probate to Clara Louise Jennings (wife of Charles Whitefield Jennings) , the said Charles Whitefield Jennings Secretary and Emily Loader Widow. Effects £5940. 17s. 5d.

I seem to remember adding this info to a thread recently. Have you asked about the Manning family before please?

Jayne

Jayne Report 7 Jan 2013 20:45

She was born in 1881 so she was 53. When her father died he had 3 daughters but left out 1 daughter in his will. His married daughter, her husband and Ethel were provided for but Annie Charlotte Manning 1874 - 1961 was left out and I wanted to try and find out who Ethel left her estate to. Thanks for the reply. Jayne

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Jan 2013 20:42

Jayne - you've already posted about this:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1316548

You'll need to order a copy of the actual will. The probate won't tell you anything else.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Jan 2013 20:37

Hello Jane, how old was she when she died?

EDIT: Found the probate

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Ethel Manning
Name: Ethel Manning
Probate Date: 10 Nov 1932
Death Date: 24 Sep 1932
Death Place: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England
Registry: London, England

(This sounds familiar ....)

Jayne

Jayne Report 7 Jan 2013 20:35

I am hoping for some help with regard to Miss Ethel Manning who died in 1932 somewhere in London. Ethel had lived at Eastington, 31 Clevedon Road, Weston Super Mare, Somerset. I am looking into her estate and know she left a will but am unable to find out any details as yet. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance. Jayne,