Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gloucestershire Wills pre 1858

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mark

mark Report 14 Jan 2013 23:23

I am trying to order the Will of Edward Smithsend Phelps who had a will probated in Deerhurst, Gloucestershire in 1821. I have found the following website that lists the existence of the will, but when I click on "order" nothing happens.

Has anyone had success ordering wills from this site:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Gloucestershire_Probate_Records

thanks

Mark Phelps

Reggie

Reggie Report 14 Jan 2013 23:42

As far as I can deduce, all you can see on that site is a transcription of the Probate............not the Will

Step 4. Obtain a copy of the probate record
Once you have found an index reference to a probate, obtain a copy of the record. Do so by one of these methods:

Visit or contact the record office that has the original records in its collection.
Visit the Family History Library or a family history center and obtain a copy of the record on microfilm. For more information, click on a court name below.

Your best bet is to contact the County Records Office in Gloucester

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 15 Jan 2013 07:30

http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/genealogy/Results.aspx

(try above link)

Chris :)