Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rothacher and Denston in New South Wales

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

heatherg

heatherg Report 17 Jan 2013 20:44

Hello
Is there anyone in New South Wales who could look up the marriage of Hermann Rothacher and Dorothy Denston in 1916 district Mosman.
let me know if this is difficult to do and I'll buy the cert. but it's very expensive.
thank you for any help.
Heather G

Lynski

Lynski Report 17 Jan 2013 21:16

????????

Name: Hermann Rothacher
Birth Year: 1886
Place of Origin: Blumenstein, Bern, Schweiz (Switzerland)
Last Residence: Biel, Bern, Schweiz (Switzerland)
Departure Date: Nov 1912
Port of Departure: Genua
Port of Arrival: Sydney
Source: Auswanderungsamt und Auswanderungsbüro. Überseeische Auswanderungen aus der Schweiz, 1910-1953. Schweizerisches Bundesarchiv. E 2175 - 2, Band 5.

Lynski

Lynski Report 17 Jan 2013 21:17

I can only find the registration -

Name: Hermann Rothacher
Spouse Name: Dorothy Denston
Marriage Date: 1916
Marriage Place: New South Wales
Registration Place: Mosman, New South Wales
Registration Year: 1916
Registration number: 15630

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jan 2013 21:43

connected?

name: Louis Rothacker
event: Burial
death date: 02 May 1940
event place: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
cemetery name: Eaglehawk Victoria
spouse:
father:
mother:
film number: 887475
digital folder number: 004117116
image number: 00705

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 17 Jan 2013 23:43

The Argus (Melbourne; Victoria) - 27 August 1917

ROTHACHER (nee Dorothy Denston) - On the 16th August, at "St Helens" private hospital, The Avenue, Windsor, the wife of H. Rothacher, a daughter. (Sydney papers please copy )

From Trove http://trove.nla.gov.au

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 18 Jan 2013 06:34

Hermann and Dorothy had a daughter named 'Hulda Winifred' in 1917 (as per notice above), reg as ROTHACKER, number 23723.

She married in 1938 to Heinz Louis WIECHERT (reg 6222) in Sydney, as ROTHACHER. He died in 1981, as Louis Heinz.

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 18 Jan 2013 06:45

If you use a transcription agent, NSW certs are not too expensive, see http://www.joymurrin.com.au/home-page/our-services/nsw/

heatherg

heatherg Report 18 Jan 2013 14:33

Thank you all for your information. I thought a transcription agent would be more expensive.I had been looking for the birth and marriage of Hulda but couldn't find them.
I knew Hermann came from somewhere in Switzerland because there are still members of the family near Bienne.

I don't know about Louis Rothacker, I think it must be another family.
Thankyou all
Heather G

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 19 Jan 2013 06:24

If you only seek certain fields of info (like parents details or place of birth), transcriptions can be very inexpensive...the more fields you want, the more they cost. Make sure you compare as different ones may have different ideas of what a 'field' consists of!

heatherg

heatherg Report 23 Jan 2013 19:01

Thank you Cherilyn
I'm getting a complete transcription as I wanted the parent's details.
Heather G