Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry24

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Judi

Judi Report 26 Jan 2013 19:51

Eureka!!!!

I tried familysearch again, and not only found Agnes and her parents, but also 3 siblings who we knew nothing about!!!!

Ho hum the end of one search, now I start searching for her parents parents.

Judi

Judi

Judi Report 26 Jan 2013 18:18

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have looked at the familysearch site, without success, and have put a post on rootschat. Now I wait to see what happens!

K

K Report 26 Jan 2013 16:22

Have you tried asking on this site where a number of people are complaining about the closing of Ancestry24

Good luck

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=291.0

Flip

Flip Report 26 Jan 2013 15:37

OK, won't bother posting the details from the tree then, guess you already have them if it's yours! :-D

Do you have any idea in what place she was born? - Familysearch has some christening records for Cape Province but they are not indexed you have to trawl through.

Judi

Judi Report 26 Jan 2013 15:24

Yes, it's my tree on Ancestry recording her details. However, I have been unable to find out who her parents were, so finding her baptismal record on ancestry24 was a real boost - so close, but yet so far!!!

Let's hope it appears on another website soon.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 26 Jan 2013 09:39

According to "Lost cousins" Newsletter it is expected the Ancestry24 data will be taken over by someone else-no clue as to who it might be yet-hopefully either Ancestry or findmypast so we do not have to pay another subscription :-)

Flip

Flip Report 26 Jan 2013 08:16

Is that your tree on Ancestry, showing her birth 1884 Cape Province SA and death 3/11/1930 in Pretoria?

Judi

Judi Report 26 Jan 2013 06:38

Right, K

It is the South African records that I'm looking for.

Judi

K

K Report 26 Jan 2013 06:34

I think Judi is looking for South African records for St. Francis Simon's Town Baptisms

I don't have access either. I wonder what they will do with the data when they close

Vera

Vera Report 26 Jan 2013 06:32

Will delete the Agnes ( born in Leicestershire)I found as that one died in 1899 at the tender age of 14.

Regards Vera

Penny

Penny Report 26 Jan 2013 06:24

what sort of date and where please?

Judi

Judi Report 26 Jan 2013 05:18

Does anybody have a subscription to ancestry24?

I just found out today that the website exists, only to also find out that it's closing down and is no longer accepting new clients.

I found 2 listings for my husband's grandmother, but of course, couldn't access the details.

If anyone could look up Agnes Ellen Wade and tell me the details of her baptism, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Judi