Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MARK - why have you deleted............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jan 2013 17:13

your thread asking for probate info

I went to the trouble of finding it............and your thread had gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Mark Report 31 Jan 2013 15:35

I have removed this line as i was not convinced it was part of my ancestry. Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2013 22:52

You had other thread(s) about them..................so was all that research for nothing?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 Jan 2013 23:38

To ask.......so was all that research for nothing?

Obviously not, because the research convinced Mark that it was not part of his Ancestry.

That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 1 Feb 2013 08:55

This happened the other day when Mark was enquiring about a Rev. Armistead.

I spent ages googling around looking for information and found some useful bits and pieces.

I had no sooner posted it than Mark deleted.

I contacted him by pm and got the same reply......it wasn't part of his ancestry.

Mark, if you are looking in, please don't just delete a thread like that after people have worked hard at finding information for you.

You may discover that it is not relevant to you, but it may be relevant to someone else in the future and would save time in going over things again.

Thanks.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Feb 2013 09:26

I don't think some members realise that threads don't actually take up any space on their computer..............but are stored by GR.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2013 09:35

He posted the request....and, less than five minutes later, deleted it. Did he have a sudden blinding revelation?

An earlier thread is still there.........at the moment

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1318188

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2013 00:06

With the multitude of posts Mark has on here, he isn't unaware of the correct procedure