Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Divorce 1875 William Fowler V Juliet Anne Aldam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Feb 2013 18:54

Hi,

I can find a bit about my G Grandparents divorce regarding money but does anyone know where I can send for the full divorce petition?

Many thanks

Margaret

Andrew

Andrew Report 7 Feb 2013 18:59

From Ancestry

UK, Civil Divorce Records, 1858-1911
about William Fowler
Name: William Fowler
Spouse Name: Juliet Anne Fowler
Spouse Gender: Female
Petition Year: 1875
Co-Respondent 1: Severn
Type of Record: Husband's petition for divorce
Divorce Court File Number: 3958

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 7 Feb 2013 19:15

I've trawled the papers. There are about 40 pages. I can send each page by emai lto you if you care to PM your email addy. It will take some time.

Andy

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Feb 2013 19:16

Hi Andrew,

Thanks,yes that's the bit I have found but it just covers William wanting to reduce his wife's maintenance. I am interested in the original court documents regarding the reason for the divorce. So I wonder if anyone knows where I have to write to to get them if I can.
Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Feb 2013 19:22

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot. I have PMed my email to you.

Where do you look to find it?

Best wishes

Margaret

Andrew

Andrew Report 7 Feb 2013 19:25

These are the court papers with all the sordid details. Petetion and affadavits.(sp)
Andy