Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Pankhurst c1770 + Elizabeth Martin c1780

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Feb 2013 16:37

Hello, Richard Pankhurst was my fourth great grandfather. I have no information on him ie exactly when he was born and who his parents were. Likewise with his wife Elizabeth Martin.

Richard was born c1770 and Elizabeth Martin born c1780. I believe they were both born in Kent. They married on 19 March 1801 at Tudeley and Capel Church in Kent. They both died in 1840. I have the children of their marriage.

Am wondering if anyone has any means of finding out their birth dates and who their parents were please. I have searched members trees etc but with no luck. My great grandmother was Ada Amanda Pankhurst. I believe I'm in the ninth generation of Pankhursts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Maddie

Maddie Report 9 Feb 2013 17:22

trees on ancestry have no more info, no parents named
maddie

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Feb 2013 17:25

You will need Parish Registers, and there are several online sites which might be useful.

Just Google "Kent Parish Registers".

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Feb 2013 17:27

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had a way of searching some Kent records or similar. Thank you for replying Maddie. Am not sure what area Tudeley and Capel come under. I have tried to search CityArk but there are so many areas in Kent listed on their site that it would take forever and a day to search. Not sure where I got their marriage from but if I could find a reference I could then send off for their marriage cert perhaps. Not sure as I've never really researched this far back.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Feb 2013 17:29

Thank you Ansyamum, only just noticed your reply. I'll have a got at that.

Kind regards

Kathryn

safc

safc Report 9 Feb 2013 17:31

????

Richard Pankhurst

England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening 22 Oct 1786 Wartling, Sussex, England
residence Wartling, Sussex, England

parentNicholas Pankhurst, Sukey

Richard Pankhurst

England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening 04 Aug 1793 RYARSH,KENT,ENGLAND

parentRobert Pankhurst, Elizabeth

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 9 Feb 2013 17:38

Hello safc, thank you for this information but I definitely think Richard was born 1770 and Elizabeth 1780. Their first child was born 1801.

Kind regards

Kathryn