Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 18:19

Evening every-one.....Please can you help with death info for: Richard Arthur Crook, he was baptised on 6th november 1921 st clements salford,i am assuming that he remained in salford, i still dont have access to Ancestry,so would rearly welcome any help thanks so much

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Feb 2013 18:21

Have you considered that he might still be living - or at least survived till after 2006, when online records cease to be available?
jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Feb 2013 18:23

Is this him? You don't mention a middle name:

Name: Richard A Crook
Mother's Maiden Surname: Tench
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1921
Registration district: Salford
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8d
Page Number: 248

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 18:25

well yes maybe he did,but how would i know this if i dont get a reply to my question...yes it up at the top middle name being Arthur

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 18:27

yes Jan that is him,thanks for putting this up...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Feb 2013 18:29

Sorry, having a grey moment re. middle name!

There is no record of a death as far as I can see. You no doubt know about looking for a match in other members' trees. Otherwise you might have to look in local papers for a notice of his death/funeral.

Jan

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 19:21

Thank you very much for your help Jan,very much appreciated :-)

patchem

patchem Report 16 Feb 2013 22:24

Why would you assume he remained in Salford?
How are you related to him?
Do you know who/if he married?
Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Feb 2013 22:40

What is your connection to this man?

Have you done any research on him yourself?

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 22:59

YES I HAVE DONE RESEARCH ON HIM,OF COURSE I HAVE,HE WAS THE GRAND SON OF JOSIAH CROOK.....HIS FATHER MARRIED EDITH TENCH AS MENTIONED ABOVE..ON 6TH MARCH 1909 IN SALFORD THEY HAD EIGHT CHILDREN IN ALL....IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING OUT A LITTLE WOULD YOU PLEASE TRACK DOWN A DEATH FOR DOROTHY SMITH (NEE CROOK).SHE WAS BORN 1924 IN SALFORD THANKS A MILL :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Feb 2013 23:33

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006
Name: Richard Arthur Crook
Birth Date: 8 Feb 1882
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1972
Age at Death: 90
Registration district: Salford
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10f
Page: 1743

And there is no need to SHOUT

Have you looked for a marriage for the man?

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 23:42

sorry for shouting...i started typing,looked up and too late to go back...any how its easier to see (dont ya think)...yes i looked for a marriage on freebmd,but nothing is coming up...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Feb 2013 23:43

That birth year is miles away Reggie - are you thinking there is an error in the age maybe?
I would think this is the Richard you have found though:

Births Mar 1882 (>99%)
Crook Richard Arthur Chorlton 8c 781

jan

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 23:44

sorry for shouting...i started typing,looked up and too late to go back...any how its easier to see (dont ya think)...yes but nothing is coming up for him..

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 23:47

jan this man is the son of the one you were searching earlier

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Feb 2013 23:52

If you check on Freebmd you will find 4 marriages for Richard A. Crook 1943-57. 2 are in Lancs, one of these in Manchester. Might be worth investigating.
Jan

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 23:55

sorry reggie,yes i already have his marriage details..he married edith tench on 6th march 1909 salford

cane

cane Report 16 Feb 2013 23:59

thanks jan,

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 17 Feb 2013 00:02

Just to add - the Manchester marriage was to a Ruth Boylen. There are 2 children to this marriage, one born Manchester and the other in Salford. Might not be your Richard but I would def. check it out.
Jan